DR.Yahya Ahmed Ali Al-khazzan
Place and date of birth : Almahabshah, Hajjah -1967.
Marital Status : Married, has three children.
Mobile Number : +967777160100
He received his university education in the College of Sharia and Law – Sana’a University and graduated and was appointed a teaching assistant in the college in 1992, he was sent to Tunisia for postgraduate studies (MA and PhD) in 1994, and he taught after his return in 2002. And held several positions in the Ministry of Justice, including the head of the Department of Conferences and International Cooperation Department and Advisor to the Minister of Justice, as well as appointed Deputy Dean of the Higher Judicial Institute. He has writings and many scholarly contributions in local and international magazines, newspapers, seminars, workshops, forums and conferences.
- PhD in Comparative Jurisprudence, Al-Zaytoonah University, Tunis, dated January 2002, subject to a thesis entitled (Judicial Immunity in Yemeni and Tunisian Jurisprudence and Law), grade: Very honorable (very excellent).
- Master degree from Al-Zaytoonah University in Tunis, in 1997, subject of a thesis entitled (Returning from Certificate in Islamic Sharia and Yemeni Law), grade: Very good (very excellent).
- Bachelor of Sharia and Law, 1991 with a very good grade with honors.
- Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Sharia and Law – University of Sana’a, 1992-1994.
- Administration of the Higher Judicial Institute (dean, deputy).
- – Member of the teaching staff of the Higher Judicial Institute and several colleges.
- Supervising and discussing research in the College of Sharia and Law and the Higher Judicial Institute.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Arab Center for Legal and Judicial Research in Beirut, affiliated to the Council of Arab Ministers of Justice.
- Member of the Arab Legal Experts Group – League of Arab States.
- Member of the Team of Trainers for International Cooperation to Combat Terrorism and Crime.
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Judicial Review.
Conferences and Workshops:
- Attending many local, regional and international conferences, workshops and events, including:
- Participation in the first cultural conference of the Faculty of Sharia and Law – Sana’a University in 2002.
- Participation in the first judicial conference in Sana’a in 2003 with a working paper (Judge immunity between theory and practice).
- Preparing and participating in the seminar (Media and Judiciary) organized by the Ministry of Justice in 2004 and contributing a working paper (Independence of the Judiciary and Freedom of the Press).
- Participation in the Islamic Dialogue Conference on Comparing the Yemeni Personal Status Law and the Moroccan Family Code (Blog), with a working paper that included the comparison between the two laws, which was organized by the Yemeni Women Union and Sidi Muhammad bin Abdullah University in Fez, Morocco, in cooperation with the College of Sharia and Law – Sana’a University, during the period 12-16-12-2009 in Sana’a.
- Participation in workshops and seminars on combating corruption, protection of public funds, transparency and independence of the judiciary, and reached (12) national and international participation.
- Participating in the workshop on activating international conventions to combat terrorism and harmonizing and drafting national legislation in light of it with a working paper as a national expert (criminal policy against terrorism in national legislation and its compatibility with international legal conventions on combating terrorism) December 2006.
- Participation in the Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime, which discussed the mechanisms for the periodic review of the Convention, held in Vienna, May 2012.
- Preparing and participating in the first and second dialogue conference on criminal justice in Yemeni legislation organized by the Ministry of Human Rights in cooperation with the Danish Institute for Human Rights in Sana’a in 2008 and 2010.
- Preparing and participating in drafting several bilateral agreements between the Ministry of Justice and a number of Arab and Islamic countries, as well as joint Arab agreements.
- Participating in preparing and reviewing human rights reports in Geneva from 2009 to 2014.
Research and scientific papers:
- Book of the entrance to the study of Islamic jurisprudence.
- Book of the judiciary in Islamic jurisprudence and Yemeni law
- Diligence, conditions and ranks.
- The philosophy of the death penalty in Islamic law.
- Judicial rights, duties and ethics.
- Blog of Conduct for Judicial Enforcement Officers.
- Bylaws of Arab Legal and Judicial Research Centers.
- The extradition of criminals (extradition, trial, execution of the sentence) in international agreements and Yemeni law.
- Lawyer immunity.