Nabil Ahmed Ahmed Al-Rabeei
|Nabil Ahmed Ahmed Al-Rabeei||· Name|
|Married||· Marital status|
|· Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences/Sana’a University/Sana’a/Yemen
· Mobil: 734699333
· Home Phone: 01213983
· e-mail: email@example.com
|Title of Position held||Education Institution|
|· Professor in:
· Community health nursing
· Public health/Community medicine
· Research methodology
· SPSS for Windows
|· Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences/Nursing division/Sana’a University/
|Public Health||School of Health Sciences/ Pune University/India||Ph.D|
|Nursing education||Jordanian university/Jordon||Master|
|Nursing||Faculty of medicine and health science/Sana’a University/Yemen||B.Sc.|
|Dietetics||Annamalai University/ Madras/India||Postgraduate Diploma|
|SPSS for windows||Batman Institute/ Pune/India||Diploma|
|Other professional qualifications|
|University Teaching: Methods and Styles, Teaching Technology and Evaluation||Sana’a University/Yemen
|Research Methodology and Scientific Paper Writing||Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences/Sana’a University/Yemen||Training Course|
|Computer (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint,internet&email)||Batman Institute/ Pune/India||Diploma
Spoken and Written English
|Institute of Public Speaker/ Pune/India||Diploma|
|Diabetes Control||K.E.M Hospital and Research Center/ Pune/India||Training Course|
Public health/community medicine, community health nursing, research methodology, epidemiology, SPSS for windows and dietetics).
o Position and Institutes
University instructor (1995-1998):
· Undergraduate–BSc. at the university of Sana’a, faculty of medicine and health science
· Lecturer (2000-2005):
· Undergraduate–BSc.at the university of Sana’a, faculty of medicine and health science.
Assistant professor (2006-2012):
· Undergraduate–BSc. at the University of Sana’a, faculty of medicine and health science
· Postgraduate–MSc. at the University of Sana’a, faculty of medicine and health science
Associate professor (2013-2017):
· Undergraduate–BSc. at the University of Sana’a, faculty of medicine and health science.
· Postgraduate–MSc. at the University of Sana’a, faculty of medicine and health science
· Undergraduate–BSc. at the University of Sana’a, faculty of medicine and health science.
· Postgraduate–MSc. at the University of Sana’a, faculty of medicine and health science.
B) Academic Administration:
· Head department of community health nursing at the University of Sana’a, faculty of medicine and health science, 2006-present.
· Principle investigator of hepatitis research project in Sana’a city-Yemen, supported by WHO 2010-2011
· Coordinator of nursing skills manual. Supported by social fund for development-Sana’a-2010
C) Consultant/Expert for Various Duties Outside University:
· World bank
· Ministry of Public Health and Population-Yemen.
· World Health Organization
· Social found for development-Yemen.
· Academy institutions for Health Sciences-Yemen.
D)Resource materials development
· Development B.Sc. curricula for Community Health, nutrition therapy, respiratory care, Midwifery, Nursing, pharmacy, medical laboratory, physiotherapy and anesthesia in several universities.
· Development and implementing the MSc. curricula of child health nursing and community health nursing at the faculty of medicine and health science, Sana’a University-Yemen.
· Development and implementing the MSc. Curricula of critical care nursing, public health and epidemiology at the college of medical science, Al-Razi University-Yemen.
· World Bank consultant developed & implemented a manual in Integrated Primary Health Care. Ministry of public health and population-Yemen
· WHO consultant developed & implemented a manual in bedsore. Ministry of public health and population-Yemen
· WHO consultant developed & implemented a manual in infection control. Ministry of public health and population-Yemen
· Social found for development consultant developed & implemented nursing skills manual. Higher institute for health sciences-Yemen.
|· Effective communication.
· Extensive skills in theory and clinical teaching in Community health nursing, public Health/community medicine, epidemiology, research methodology, SPSS for windows and dietetics)
· Extensive skills in conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
· Extensive Skills in statistical analysis using software programs (SPSS, Epi Info, WHO Anthro) such as entry, processing, analyzes, manipulating, error checking and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
· Organizational and administrative skills and proficiency in writing reports based on functional requirements.
· Professional skills in designs, prepare, implements, monitors and evaluates assigned public health project.
· Organize, lead and manage a team.
· Ability to coordinate and maintain communication with donors/clients and partners in a timely and appropriate fashion; in term of response to requirements and needs and conduct effectively communicate.
· Extensive Skills in epidemiological survey of health and nutrition, communicable and non-communicable diseases.
· Extensive Skills in curriculum development of medical and health sciences
· Computer skills (MS-Word, Excel & PowerPoint, presentation, internet and e-mail)
· Skills in designing and conducting surveys and interviews
· Skills in designing and leading training programs.
· Leadership, Management and supervisory skills.
· Skills in training of field staff, plans, supervise and manage the field work.
· Experience in design, monitor, evaluation and implement a humanitarian program.
· Experience and understanding of community mobilization and empowering approaches.
· Diverse and complex problem- solving and decision-making experience, requiring professional knowledge, field experience and an understanding of development and humanitarian work.
· Assessments of emergency needs, with involvement of the affected population.
· Report and proposal writing, to reflect the problems and propose solutions.
· Skills in conduct and supervision medical and health sciences researches and thesis.
· Professional work skills in health education and communication of individual, family and community field.
Conferences and Workshops:
|National, Regional and International Conferences, Seminars and workshops|
|1. Drugs safety conference. College of medical sciences-Al-Razi University-Sana,a-Yemen,21-22 Nov.2018. (Charmin of conference)
2.Workshop on Modernization of B.Sc. degree in pharmacy and medical laboratory, Midwifery, community health and Nursing. Al-Razi University. Sana’a, Yemen. 24-28 Aug. 2018.
3.Workshop on Modernization of M.Sc. degree in critical care nursing, public health and epidemiology. Al-Razi University. Sana’a, Yemen. 2-3 June 2018.
4.Workshop on Modernization of B.Sc. degree in physiotherapy and medical nutrition therapy. Al-Razi University. Sana’a, Yemen. 24 August 2017.
5.Workshop on Prepare HIV/AIDS Course Contents to diploma and bachelor degree programs. Sana’a, Yemen. 24 May to 2 June 2016.
6.Workshop on Nursing Specialization. Dubai, UEA. 24.26 February 2013
7.Workshop on patients’ rights and responsibilities. Sana’a 2013
8. Workshop on learning and teaching methods. Faculty of medicine and health sciences-Sana’a University. Sana’a-Yemen, 2011
9. Workshop on dietetics, Faculty of medicine and health sciences-Sana’a University. Sana’a-Yemen, 2010
10.Workshop on medical ethics. Faculty of medicine and health sciences-Sana’a University. Sana’a-Yemen, 2010
11.Workshop on design nursing procedures manual. High Institute for health sciences. Sana’a, 2010
12.Yemeni-Italian medical conference on hospital infection: prevention and control -Faculty of medicine and health sciences-Sana,a-Yemen,10-13 May,2009
13.Eighth GULF Symposium for nursing: education and nursing human resources in facing challenges. Ministry of public health and population-Sana’a/WHO- 12-13 January, 2009.
14.Workshop on updating of faculty of medicine and health sciences curriculum-Sana’a University 2008. Sana’a-Yemen
15.Workshop on reform nursing, pharmacy, community health and laboratory curriculums -Al-Razi college for medical sciences- Sana’a-2009
16.Gastro-hepatology conference-Sana’a-Yemen 18-19 Feb.-2006.
17.Symposium on education and nursing resources in facing challenges, 12-13/10/2008, Sana’a-Yemen.
18.Workshop on international plan for patient safety program, 25-28, 2008, Sana’a -Yemen.
19.Workshop on Empowering Nursing Practice through Continuing Professional Development, 20 October, 2008, Doha-Qatar.
20.Third Yemen-Saudi conference of clinical immunology and allergology- Sana’a -Yemen-29 April to 1 May-2008.
21.Workshop on prepared & make appropriateness of Academic Standards to studies program in Sana’a University-Yemen-8-9July-2008
22.Second conference of the Yemen Gastroenterology & Hepatology Association, 28-29, February 2008- Sana’a.
23.Workshop on integrated primary health care manual-Ministry of public health and population-Sana’a, 24-25 Oct. 2007.
24.Workshop on Research Methodology and Scientific Paper Writing. Sana’a University. Sana’a-Yemen, 2007.
25.Workshop on job description for Nursing Staff in Yemen-Ministry of public health and population-Sana’a/WHO-29-31 August-2007.
26.Workshop on Curriculum Reform-Sana’a University-Faculty of Medicine and Health Scinces-Yemen-30 June to 5 February- 2007.
27.Workshop on Clinical Nursing Training-Sana’a-Yemen-22 June-2007.
28.Workshop on Quality Nursing Services-Sana’a- 13th-18th June 2007.
29.Third Yemen Orthopedic Conference-Sana’a 21st -23 rd August-2006.
30.First Gastro-hepatology conference-Sana’a-Yemen 22-23 Nov-2006.
31.VII National Seminar on Medico-Legal System/Hospital/Health Care Management-Symbiosis College-India 6th to 8th May-2005.
32.Seminar on Nursing Education-BharatiVidyapeeth Deemed University-Institute of Nursing and Medical-India 11th to 12th Feb-2005.
33.Seminar on Current Issues in Public Health-University of Pune-School of Health Sciences-India 23rd to 24th March-2005.
34.Seminar on Dietetics-University of Pune- School of Health Sciences-India 14-16 Feberuary-2005.
35.Seminar on Current Issues in Nursing- University of Pune-School of Health Sciences- India 25th to 28th April-2005.
36.III National Seminar on Current issues in Community Health Nursing and Hospital Health Care Management-Symbiosis College-India 11-15 Oct-2005.
37.Annual conference of Indian Public Health Association,30-31 Aug,2004.
Research and scientific papers:
|· Research Grants (as Principal Investigator): World Health Organization (WHO)
· Research Publications:
1. Knowledge, attitude and beliefs toward HIV/AIDS among students of health institutes in Sana’a city. EMHJ. 2012;18(3): 221-226
2. Cigarette smoking among Male secondary school students in Sana’a city-Republic of Yemen. Sana’a Univ J Med Sci 2012;4(1):61-67
3. Tetanus vaccination among reproductive age female in Sana’a city, Yemen. Sana’a Univ J Med Sci. 2012;4(1):95-100
4. Knowledge, attitudes and practices among barbers regarding Hepatitis B and C viral infection in Sana’a city, Yemen. Journal of community health. J Community Health.2012; 37:935–939.
5. Foot self- care practices of Diabetics attending national diabetes center in Sana’a city, Yemen. Sanaa Univ J Med Sci 2012;4(1):39-44
6. Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disease among Patients Attending an Endoscopic clinic in Yemen. Arab Journal of Gastroenterology 2009; 10: 109–111
7. Efficacy of Rabeprazole versus Omeprazole in Preventing Relapse of Erosive Reflux Esophagitis. Sanaa Univ J Med Sci 2012;4(1):13-18
8. Hepatitis B and C Viral Infection: Seroprevalence and Associated Factors among Barbers in Sana’a City, Yemen. Global Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 2013, 1, 95-100
9. Assessment of childhood cancer at National Oncology Center in Sana’a city, Yemen. El Mednifico Journal, 2014; 2(4): 345-348.
10.Immunization coverage among children in Al-Taizyah district, Taiz Governorate, Yemen. Indian Journal of Community Heath, 2014; 26 (4): 343-348.ITY HEALTH / VOL
11.Prevalence of malnutrition among infants in Sana’a city, Yemen. Ulutas Med J, 2015;1(1):1-6
12.Breastfeeding knowledge, attitude, and practices among mothers attending health centers in Sana’a city. ARC J of Public Health and Community Medicine, Volume 1, Issue 2, 2016, PP 9-17.
13.Complementary feeding of infants and young children in Sana’a City, Yemen. SUJMS 2016;6(1):69-78
14.Patients’ Safety Culture among Health Care Providers in Public Hospitals at Sana’a City, Yemen. SUJMS 2016;6(1):46-51
15.Study of the Injured Persons and the Injury Pattern in Road Traffic Accident in Sana’a City, Yemen. Advances in Public Health. Volume 2016, Article ID 4138163. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/4138163
16.Knowledge, Awareness, and Perception of Sexually Transmitted Diseases among Women in Sana’a City. SUJMS. VOLUME (7) NO (2), Dec. 2016
17.Knowledge of Breastfeeding among Mothers in Hodeidah City, Yemen. SUJMS. VOLUME (7) NO (2), Dec. 2016
18.Maternal and Perinatal Outcomes Among Eclampsia Patients Admitted to Al-Thawra Hospital, Sana’a City, Yemen. International Journal of Current Research Vol. 9, Issue, 04, pp.49554-49558, April, 2017
19.Investigation of Essential Oil of Melissa Officinalis for Acute and Sub-Chronic Oral Toxicity. RUJMS. Volume (1)No(1),June, 2017
20.Nurses performance toward pre and postoperative psychosocial interventions for patients in Hospitals, Sana’a city, Yemen. International Journal of Current Research Vol. 9, Issue, 07, pp.54808-54814, July, 2017
21.Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer In Yemen: A hospital-based study. SUJMS. VOLUME (8) NO (1). 2017
22.Emergency Cesarean Hysterectomy Among Women attending to Obstetric Unit in Al-Thowrah Hospital, Sana,a City, Yemen. SUJMS. VOLUME (8) NO (1). 2017
23.Prevalence of Hepatitis B and C Viral Infection among Patients Attending to the Endoscopic Clinic at Al-Thowrah Hospital in Sana’a City, Yemen. Global Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 2018, 6, 1-4
24.Patients Satisfaction toward Anesthesia Services at Hospitals in Sana’a City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (2) No (1), June, 2018
25.Application of Pre-anesthesia Checklist in Patients Undergoing Operation in Public Hospitals in Sana’a City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (2) No (1), June, 2018.
26.Prevalence of Bacterial Hands Contamination among Al-Razi University Students in Sana’a City, Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (2) No (1), June, 2018.
27.Workplace violence against nurses at public hospitals in Sana’a City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (2) No (1), June, 2018
28.Distribution of Therapeutic and FDA Pregnancy Categories among Drugs Prescribed for Pregnant Women in Sana`a, Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (2) No (1), June, 2018.
29.Design and Evaluation of Effervescent Powder Formulations of a Novel Combination of Ketoprofen, Pseudoephedrine HCl and Levocetirizine dihydrochloride. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2018, 10(7): 7-16.
30.Knowledge and Skills of Midwives toward Eclampsia in Public Hospitals in Sana’a, City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (2) No (2), Dec, 2018
31.Seroprevalence of HIV, Hepatitis B and C Virus Infections among Voluntary and Replacement Blood Donors Attending Al-Sabeen Hospital, Blood Bank, Sana’a City. RUJMS. Volume (2) No (2), Dec, 2018
32.Nutritional Status and Associated Factors among Basic School Children in Sanaa City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (2) No (2), Dec, 2 018
33.Competences of Midwives in Prevention and Management of Postpartum Hemorrhage at Public Hospitals in Sana,a City. RUJMS. Volume (4) No (1), June, 2020.
34.Competences of Midwives Toward Management of eclampsia at Public Hospitals in Sana,a City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (4) No (1), June, 2020.
35.Knowledge of ICU nurses toward prevention ventilator associated pneumonia at Public Hospitals in Sana’a City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (4) No (1), June, 2020.
36.Nursing care of the preeclamptic patients in Public Hospitals in Sana,a City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (3) No (2), Dec, 2019
37.Nursing Caring Efficacy among Nurses in Al-Thowrah Hospital in Sana’a City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (4) No (1), June, 2020.
38.Nursing Practices for Prevention of Ventilator Associated Pneumonia in ICUs at Public Hospitals in Sana’a City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (3) No (2), Dec, 2019.
39.Effect of Training Program on Nurses knowledge Toward Care of Patients with Myocardial Infarction in Al-Thowrah Hospital. AlHodeida City, Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (3) No (1), June, 2019.
40.Mothers’ knowledge Toward Malnutrition of children under 5 Years Old in Al-Sabeen Hospital, Sana’a City-Yemen. RUJMS. Volume (3) No (1), June, 2019.
Research Students Supervised:
· M.Sc. dissertations (awarded) 5 in child health nursing (As Main supervisor).
· M.Sc. dissertations (awarded) 5 in epidemiology (As Main supervisor).
· M.Sc. dissertations (awarded) 2 in critical care nursing (As Main supervisor).
· Ph.D. (awarded) 1 in public health (As Co-supervisor).
· BSc research graduation (awarded) 35 (As Main supervisor)
· Reviewer for many national, regional and international journals.
|1. Member of academic staff syndicate of Sana’a and Amran universities
2. Member of postgraduate studies council, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences/Sana’a University/Yemen
· Member of research ethical committee. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences/Sana’a University/Yemen
3. Member of Yemen Diabetes Association.
4. Member of Yemen Public Health Association.
5. Editor in Chief/ Al-Razi University Journal of Medical Sciences. Yemen. Website: http://alraziuni.edu.ye/rujms/
6. Editorial board member/Journal of Community Medicine
7. Editorial board member/Journal of Therapy and Management in HIV Infection. Pakistan. Website: https://synergypublishers.com/journal-of-therapy-and-management-in-hiv-infection/
8. Editorial board member / Sana’a University Journal of Medical Sciences (SUJMS). Yemen.
9. Editorial board member/Journal of Clinical Research and Case Report. USA. http://gslpublishers.org/journals/editorial-board.php?title=journal-of-clinical-research-and-case-reports
10. Editorial board member/SM JOURNAL OF HEPATITIS RESEARCH AND TREATMENT.USA.https://smjournals.com/hepatitis/editorial-board.php