د. مهيوب عبدالرحمن
Sample CV for faculty members at Sana’a University (English)
Place of Birth: Taiz, 1957
Address: Department of Earth Sciences and Environment
Faculty of Science
Sana’a, Republic of Yemen
Graduate : Ph.D, Colorado School of Mines, Colorado, U.S.A., 1992; in the field of geochemical exploration for petroleum.
Graduate : Master of science, Colorado School of Mines, Colorado, U.S.A., 1988; Major in geochemistry.
Thesis title:( Relationship of Trace Elements in soil and plants to petroleum production in Eagle Springs oil field, Nevada)
Graduate : Bachelor of Science, Sana’a University, Yemen,1981, major in Geology/ minor in Chemistry.
March, 2013- Present Department Head, Oil and Gas Engineering, Dar Alsalam University.
April 2009- May2010 Acting president. Hodeidah university
Aug.,1998 –May 2010 Vice Rectror for Students Affairs, Hodiedah
- Vice Dean, Faculty of Science, Sana’a Universty.
1992-present Assistant Professor, Earth Sciences Department, Sana’a University.
1999- present Associate Professor, Oceanography and Environment Department, Hodiedah University.
- Chairman, Yemen Geological Society ( YGS)
7-12 Dec.,1994 Special training course in the field of Scanning Electron Microscope Applications. Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt.
- Students Affairs Chairman, Faculty of Science,
- Teaching Assistant, Geochemistry dept., Colorado School of Mines, Colorado, S.A.
- Lupine Minerals Inc., Golden, Colorado, S.A., part time job in the field of gold exploration.
1-30 Dec.,1983 Special training course in the field of
earthquakes prediction,International Institute
for Theoritical Physics,Triesta, Italy.
- Teaching Assistant, Geology dept., Sana’a
June- Aug., 1982 Special training course in the field of geology,
Kuwait Institute For Scientific Research,
Research and scientific papers:
- Klusman, R.W., Saeed, M.A., and Abu Ali, M., 1992, The potential use of biogeochemistry in the detection of petroleum microseepage, AAPG. 76(6) P.
- ALI DOU ABUL AND MAHYOUB A. SAEED, 1999, Source and distribution of sedimentary hydrocarbons in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden coastal environment. Journal of Environmental Research, vol.1, no. 1, pp16-37, Zagazig University, Egypt.
- MAHYOUB A. SAEED,1999, Application of statistical methods to petroleum exploration: a case study. Journal of Environmental Research, vol.1, no. 1, pp.1-15, Zagazig University,Egypt.
- Hassan M. Heba and Mahyoub A. Saeed, 2001, Concentration of petroleum hydrocabons in Fish, Muscles and sediment samples from the Red Sea Coast of Yemen. Bull. Nat. Inst.Oceanogr. & Fish.ARE. No. 26( in press).
- Hassan M. Heba and Mahyoub A. Saeed, 2001, Oil Pollution in Gulf of Aden/Arabian Sea –Coast of Yemen. Bull. Nat. Inst.Oceanogr. & Fish.ARE. No. 26( in press).
- Hassan M. Heba, Mahyoub A. Saeed and Hamid T. AL-Saad, 2000, Comparison study between sources of n-alkanes in sediments from North-West Arabian Gulf and Red Sea coast of Yemen. Tehama Journal. Vol.1 ,No. 2, pp. 171-184.
- Hassan M. Heba, Mahyoub A. Saeed and Hamid T. AL-Saad, 2001, Assessment of N-Alkanes in sediments of North-West Arabian Gulf and the Red Sea-Coast of Yemen. Marina Mesopotamica ( in press)
- Klusman, R.W., and Mahyoub Saeed, 1994. A comparison of
light hydrocarbon microseepage mechanism, Presented at the
AAPG Hedberg Research Conference on near-surface expression
of hydrocarbon migration, april 24-28, 1994, Vancouver, Canada.
MAHYOUB A. SAEED
- Saeed, M. A.,1995, The potential contribution of surface
geochemistry to petroleum exploration in the Republic of Yemen. Presented at the International Conference on the Tectonics and Sedimentation of the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden. Sana’a Oct. 23- 30, Sana’a, Yemen.
10- Mahyoub A. Saeed and Hamid T. AL-Saad state of Oil polluation in sedimement samples from the aden coast , yemen .
11- Heba, H.M ; saeed , M . A ; Al-shawafi, N. and Al- saad, H (2003) , petroleum Hydrocarbons and Trace Metals in mollesca Tivela ponderosa from the Gull of Aden . Joun King Abdulaziz univ, Mar . sci .14 : Jeddah Joumol of Marine Research
Distribution and levels of trace metals in the Red sea coasts and comparison with their levels in the Arabian Gulf. 2007. M.A.R. Saeed و F.J.M. Al-Imarah and H.T. Al-Saad : Mesopotamian Journal of Marine Science : Volume:22: Issue:1 Pages: 1-16 : Basrah University.
Heba, H.M.A., M.A. Saeed, N.A. Al-Shawafi & H.T. Al-Saad, 2003. Petroleum hydrocarbons and trace metals in
Mollusca (Tivela ponderosa) from the Gulf of Aden. Journal of King Abdulaziz University, Marine Sciences, 14: 77-
|JournalFoodAgriculture and Environment (JFAE)
Online ISSN: 1459-0263
Status of oil pollution in sediment samples from the Aden Coast, Yemen.2006. Hassan M. Bedair Mahyoub A. Saeed and Hamid T. Al-Saad.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE PETROGRAPHY, GEOCHEMISTRY AND TECTONIC SETTING OF THE RECENT BASALT FLOWS OF JEBEL AT TAIR ISLAND, SOUTH RED SEA , 2010, M. A. Gaashan and M. A. Saaed . Proc. 6th International Symposium on Geophysics, Tanta, Egypt (2010), 243-255.