Name: Mokhtar Mohammed AbdulJalil Ghilan
Date of Birth:28 Dec 1978
Marital Status: Married
Address: Sana’a, Yemen
Mobile phone: 00967 777800051
Associate professor of information systems with 10+ years of experience in the academic and managerial field. I have taught many courses such as systems analysis and design, e-business, IS project management, management information systems, software engineering, and computer ethics. In addition to my teaching experience, I have managerial experience as head of the information system department and as computer center manager for several years. In the research area, I published several papers in international journals and conferences. My current research interest area is cloud computing and digital transformation.
|Ph.D. in Information Systems||2009||Arab Academy||Jordan|
|M.Sc. in Information Systems||2005||Arab Academy||Jordan|
|B.Sc. in Computer Science||2002||Yarmouk||Jordan|
- Associate Professor: Information Systems Department, Sana’a University(Mar. 2021- Present).
- Assistant Professor: Information Systems Department, Sana’a University(2011-Mar. 2021).
- Assistant Professor: University of Science and Technology , Sana’a, Yemen.(Oct.2009- 2011).
- Computer Center Manager: Sana’a University( 2013 – 2018)
- Head of Information System Department : University of Science and Technology , Sana’a, Yemen (2010 -2011).
Training and workshops:
- Participated in a training program in Training the Evaluators of Academic Programs held at the Board of Accreditation Council in cooperation with the Dutch project to enhance the capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education, Sana’a, Yemen. (Oct. 2017)
- Attended a training course in Faculty Member Professional Development held in the Academic Development & Quality Assurance Center, Sana’a university.( Feb. 2016)
- Participated in The First Step to Develop and Improve the Academic Programs workshop held in the Faculty of Computer and Information Technology, Sana’a University. ( Sep. 2014)
- Participated in Second Quality Week workshop held in the Academic Development & Quality Assurance Center, Sana’a University. (March, 2014)
- Participated in workshop of Opening IT Program and Assessing Faculty’s Curriculum and Developing it which held in the Faculty of Computer and Information Technology, Sana’a university. (Feb. 2014)
- Attended a training course in Life Engineering & influence Manufacturing held in the Development and Consultation Center, University of Science and Technology, Sana’a, Yemen. (Feb. 2011)
- Attended a training course in Evaluate Academic Program Outcome held in the Teaching and Learning Center, University of Science and Technology, Sana’a, Yemen.( Jul.2010)
- Attended a training course in Self-evaluation held in the Teaching and Learning Center, University of Science and Technology, Sana’a, Yemen.( Jul. 2010)
Research and scientific papers:
- Mokhtar Mohammed Ghilan(2020), A Conceptual Framework for Successful Implementation of IS Projects in the Yemeni Private Sector Business Organizations, International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering, Vol.8 , Issue 11.
- Fahd N. Al-Wesabi, Huda G. Iskandar and Mokhtar M. Ghilan(2019), Improving Performance in Component Based Distributed Systems, EAI Endorsed Transactions on Scalable Information Systems , Vol. 6, Issue 22.
- Fadl M. Ba-alwi, Mokhtar M. Ghilan, Fahd N. Al-wesabi (2014), Content Authentication of English Text Via Internet Using Zero Watermarking Technique and Markov Model, International Journal of Applied Information Systems, Volume 7.
- Mokhtar M. Ghilan, Fadl M. Ba-Alwi, Fahd N. Al-Wesabi(2014), Combined Markov Model and Zero Watermarking Techniques to Enhance Content Authentication of English Text Documents, International Journal of Computational Linguistics Research, Volume 5, Number 1.
- Mokhtar M. Ghilan (2009), ERP Systems and Dealing with Resistance to Change, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering. Volume 2, pp. 1517-1522.http://ebooks.asmedigitalcollection.asme.org/content.aspx?bookid=304§ionid=38781546
- Mokhtar M. Ghilan, and Bassam Alshargabi (2008), Three Factors in Knowledge Acquisition Process to Ensure Developing an Effective Expert System, Accepted to publish in Journal of Computer Science, Science Publication , USA.
- Mokhtar M. Ghilan (2008), How to Deal with Resistance to Change, the eight International Conference on Knowledge,Culture and Change in Organizations, Cambridge University, United Kingdom.