Prof. Al-Kasem M A Abbas
president of the University
Personal Information :
- Name: Al-Qasim Muhammad Ali Abbas
- Place and date of birth: 1970 AD, Republic of Yemen – Al Mahwit Governorate – Shibam Kawkaban District
- Email: email@example.com || firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile No: 773240700.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Oral and Dental Medicine and Surgery from the Syrian Arab Republic – Al-Baath University (1995-2000) with a grade of (very good).
- Holds a certificate in dental implants from the European Academy of Dental Implants in 2005.
- Holds a diploma in oral and maxillofacial surgery from the Syrian Arab Republic – Damascus University (2003 – 2005) with a grade of (very good).
- Holds a master’s degree in oral and maxillofacial surgery from the Syrian Arab Republic – Damascus University (2005-2007-AD), a precise specialization “Uses of solid silicon in maxillofacial surgery” with a general grade (honour) and an average of (95%).
- A patent and a global priority for the Distraction Osteogenesis device in 2009 with No. (wo2011016784).
- Holds a doctorate in oral and maxillofacial surgery from Damascus University (2007-2010-AD) with a specialty “distraction ostiogenesis” with an overall grade (honours) and an average of (95%).
Research and scientific participations
- Holds a local patent in the Syrian Arab Republic for the frontozygomatic anchored distant ion patio genesis device On 28-1-2010.
- Holds a global patent for the same device and was published on February 10, 2015 in wipo magazine in Geneva with the number wo/2011/016784
Academic positions held:
- Teaching assistant at the College of Dentistry in 2002.
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – College of Dentistry – Sana’a University for the period (2010-2011).
- Head of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Faculty of Dentistry, Sana’a University, in 2011 until now.
- Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry, Sana’a University. Since 4-4-2012.
- President of Sana’a University since 5/2019 untill now .