Mohammed Abdulkader Mohammed Al-Nuzaili
- Name: Associate Professor Dr. Mohammed Abdulkader Mohammed Al-Nuzaili.
- Nationality: Yemeni
- Date and place of birth: 4/6/1973, Al-Mahweet, Yemen.
- Marital status: Married
- Degree: Associate Professor (3 months next to Professor Degree)
- Occupation: Head of Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sana’a University, Yemen.
- General specialization: Hematology + Medical biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Specific specialization: Hematology + Basic medical sciences.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel. 00967737908060
- Address: Sana’a University, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Department of Hematology, Sana’a, Yemen.
Associate Professor of Hematology, Head of Department of Hematology in Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences in Sana’a University and former Coordinator of Hematology Course for the Professional Masters in Ministry of Public Health and Population. I prepared the academic master’s program for academic as well as for professional master’s program in hematology and blood bank as well as describing the hematology curriculum. Interested in hematology and medical biochemistry.
- Medical Doctorate (MD) degree in medical biochemistry and molecular biology, specialization: basic medical sciences. Faculty of Medicine, Ain-Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 2012.
- Master (MSc) degree in biochemistry, specialization: metabolism and its relation to diseases. Faculty of medicine and health sciences, Sana’a University, Yemen, 2004.
- Bachelor (BSc) degree in medical laboratories. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sana’a University, Yemen, 1997.
- Certificate of Test of English Language Proficiency (TELP), Ain-Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 2010.
Associate Professor for teaching courses of hematology, Blood physiology, Medical biochemistry.
- – Undergraduate students in medical laboratories at the second and third levels (2013 and today). Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sana’a University.
- For undergraduate students of laboratory medicine, levels three and four (2019-2020). Faculty of Laboratory Medicine, September 21 University of Medical and Applied Sciences.
- For undergraduate students in medical laboratories at the second, third and fourth levels (2016-2018). College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Imran University.
- – Courses include: Anemia, Leukemia, Introduction to Hematology, Hemoglobin, Structure, Function and Metabolism, Platelets, Hemostasis and Coagulation, Diagnostic Hematology, and Blood Banking.
- Physiology of the blood:
For undergraduate students in Human Medicine (2019). Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sana’a University. Courses include: Hematology.
- Medical biochemistry:
- – For postgraduate students in Internal Medicine (2014-2015), Faculty of Medicine, Sana’a University.
- For medical students (2018-2019). Faculty of Medicine, September 21 University of Medical and Applied Sciences..
- – Courses include: Introduction to biochemistry, protein, carbohydrate and lipid metabolism, enzymes, clinical biochemistry (musculoskeletal system, digestive system, etc.), molecular biology, etc.
Functions and Management:
- – Head of Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, Sana’a University, 2022 and to present.
- – Hematology coordinator for the professional master’s course – Hematology and Laboratory Blood Bank, Yemeni Council for Medical and Health Specialties – Ministry of Public Health and Population – (2020-2022).
- – Preparing an academic master’s program in laboratory hematology and blood transfusion – Department of Hematology – Faculty of Medicine – Sana’a University (2017-2018).
- Preparing a professional master’s program in hematology and laboratory blood bank, Ministry of Public Health and Population – Yemeni Board of Medical Specialization. (2019-2020).
- – Participation in the preparation and description of hematology curriculum courses for undergraduate students in the Department of Hematology – Medical Laboratories – Faculty of Medicine – Sanaa University in 2020.
- – Preparation and description of the complete hematology curriculum courses for undergraduate students in the Department of Hematology – College of Laboratory Medicine, University of September 21, 2019.
- – Preparing and describing the complete hematology curriculum courses for undergraduate students in the Department of Hematology, Amran University (2016-2017).
- – Participation in updating the hematology courses for undergraduate students in the Department of Hematology (Sana’a University) in 2017.
- – In charge of scientific research and graduate studies in the Department of Hematology, Sana’a University 2015-2020.
- – Decision of the Department of Hematology (2013-2019) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sana’a University.
- – And many other academic and administrative assignments and tasks for the department and the Faculty of Medicine, Sana’a University.
- – Experience in administrative work and public relations from 2001 to 2022.
- – I am working as supervisor and trainer in hematology lab in for students of professional master in central lab.
- – I worked in the lab of the biochemistry department and the hematology department. At Kuwait University Hospital (KUH) (2004-1997).
- – I worked in private medical laboratories (1997 to 2000) and in my own laboratory. (2000 to 2006).
Conferences and Workshops:
- The third scientific conference for Medical Laboratories: Reality and Ambition (19-22 March, 2021), Sana’a, Yemen.
- A workshop to study the labor market extrapolation of the medical laboratory program. (Sunday, January 2, 2022) Sana’a, Yemen.
- The first scientific conference for the impact of war in the maternal and child health (14-15 October, 2021), Sana’a, Yemen.
- The first scientific conference of the maternity and childhood (22-23 September, 2021), Bajil, Hodeidah, Yemen.
- The Annual Scientific Conference of ESBMB In Collaboration with The Egyptian Society of Tumor Markers Oncology (ESTMO) on Recent Advances in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Tumor Markers, (5-6 May, 2016), Cairo, Egypt.
- The Annual Scientific Conference of ESBMB In Collaboration with The Egyptian Society of Tumor Markers Oncology (ESTMO) on Recent in Molecular Biology and cancer, (1-2 May, 2014), Cairo, Egypt.
- Workshop for the evaluation of progress of medical laboratories within 35 years since foundation in 1979. (10-13 March, 2014), Sana’a, Yemen.
- Sana’a Bioethics Workshop with participation of Washington University (26-30 January, 2014), Sana’a, Yemen.
- Workshop on the outputs of Laboratory Medicine (Medical Laboratories) reality and ambition and vision of the future. (28-30 December, 2013), Sana’a, Yemen.
- Workshop for Academic Programmed Specifications. (12-14 November, 2013), Sana’a, Yemen.
- The Annual Scientific Conference of the Egyptian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ESBMB) on Recent Advances in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. (19 April, 2012), Cairo, Egypt.
- The 33rd Annual Scientific Conference of the Egyptian Society of Hematology (ESH). (4 January, 2012), Cairo, Egypt.
- The 7th International Conference of ESH and Research. (13 October, 2010), Cairo, Egypt.
- The Annual Scientific Conference of the Clinical Hematology & Oncology Unit on Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. (4 October, 2010), Intercontinental City Stars Hotel, Cairo, Egypt.
- The Annual Scientific Conference of ESBMB on Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Present and Future. (14 April, 2010), Cairo, Egypt.
- The Annual Scientific Conference of the Clinical Hematology & Oncology Unit on Chronic Myeloid Leukemia & Chronic Anemias. (24 January, 2010), Intercontinental City Stars Hotel, Cairo, Egypt.
- The Annual Scientific Conference of ESBMB on Recent Advances in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Present and Future. (28 April, 2009), Cairo, Egypt.
- The Annual Scientific International Conference of ESBMB in Collaboration with ESMMR on Human Genome: A Revolution in Modern Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. (22 April, 2008), Cairo, Egypt.
- Other conferences.
Research and scientific papers:
My page in Google Scholar : https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=yTSLBXEAAAAJ
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia among Patients at the National Oncology Center in Sana’a, Yemen: Prevalence, Subtypes and Hematological Features. Mohammed Abdulkader Al-Nuzaili, Khaled Saad Al-Khamesy, Osama Muzher Yahia. J Hematol Thrombo Dis. 2022;10(8):511
https://orcid.org/my-orcid?orcid=0000-0001-8736-2765 DOI: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-2299384/v1
- Protein C, protein S and Protein D-dimer Levels in Patients with Major β-Thalassemia in Sana’a City: Case-Control Study. Mohammed AK Al-Nuzaili , Lutfi ASAl-Maktari , Zaid Ali Mohammed Al-Mutawakel , Hassan A. Al-Shamahy, , Abdulwahab Ismail Mohamed Al-Kholani and Amin Abdulkarem Okbah. Clinical Medical Reviews and Reports. 2022; 4(3): 1-5. DOI: 10.31579/2690-8794/125. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/358895110_Protein_C_protein_S_and_Protein_D-dimer_Levels_in_Patients_with_Major_b-Thalassemia_in_Sana’a_City_Case-Control_Study
- Glucose-6-phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency and Hemoglobinopathy among Patientsof the Yemeni Society of Thalassemia and Blood Genetic Disorders in Sana’a, Yemen. Mohammed AK Al-Nuzaili, Saleh A Bamashmoos, Lutfi AS Al-Maktari and Khaled AK Al-Moyed. Journal of 21 September University of Medical and Applied Sciences. Nov 2022; 1:20: 1-8
- Distribution of Hematological Parameters Counts for Children with Leukemia in Children’s Cancer Units at Al-Kuwait Hospital, Sana’a City: A Cross-Sectional Study. Lutfi AS Al-Maktari, Mohamed AK Al-Nuzaili, Hassan A Al-Shamahy, Abdulrahman A Al-Hadi, Abdulrahman A Ishak and Saleh A Bamashmoos. Advances in Cancer Research & Clinical Imaging. 2021; 3(2): 1-7.
- Asymmetric Dimethylarginine (Adma): A Novel Marker of Endothelial Dysfunction in Hyperthyroidism. Al-Nuzaily MAK, Tash FM, Farid MT, Al-Habori MA, Boshnak H and Abdelaal H. J Blood Disord. 2017; 4(1): 1043-47. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323052192_Asymmetric_Dimethylarginine_Adma_A_Novel_Marker_of_Endothelial_Dysfunction_in_Hyperthyroidism https://www.researchgate.net/scientific-contributions/2138667719_Al-Nuzaily_MAK
- Stem cells differentiation and probing their therapeutic applications in haematological disorders: a critical review. ALI, S. TARESH, M. AL-NUZAILY, M. POOI-LING, A. ISMAIL, S. AHMAD. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences. 2016; 20: 4390-4400. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27831631/
- Relationship between total homocysteine, total cholesterol and creatinine levels in overt hypothyroid patients. Saleh A Bamashmoos, Mohammed AK Al-Nuzaily, Ali M Al-Meeri and Faisal HH Ali. SpringerPlus journal. (Germany/Switzerland) 2013; 2: 423-28. https://springerplus.springeropen.com/track/pdf/10.1186/2193-1801-2-423
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3766507/ doi: 10.1186/2193-1801-2-423
- Von Willebrand Factor: A Novel Marker of Endothelial Dysfunction in Clinical Hyperthyroidism Patients. Mohammed AL-Nuzaily, Saleh Bamashmoos, Samir Taresh, Lutfi AL-Maktri and Faisal Ali. Journal of Hematology & Thromboembolic Diseases. (USA) 2013; 1(4): 115-18.
- Coagulation Changes in Sickle Cell Disease Patients: Association between Markers of Thrombin Generation and Hemolysis. Mohammed AK Al-Nuzaily, Lutfi AS Al-Maktari, Saleh A. Bamashmoos, Ali M Al-Meeri, Faisal H Hamoud. Sana’a University Journal of Medical Sciences (SUJMS). Sana’a Univ. J. Med. Sci., December 2013; 5(2): 56-62.
- Prevalence and Etiology of Anemia in Overt and Subclinical Hypothyroid Women in Sana’a, Yemen. Bamashmous SA, Al-Nuzaily MAK, Al-Maktari LAS, Taresh SAG and Ali FHH. Journal of Clinical Research Letters. 2013; 4 (1): 57-60. https://bioinfopublication.org/files/articles/4_1_3_JCRL.pdf
- Homocysteine Level in Relation to Thyroid Function Tests in Hypothyroid Patients. Molham Ali Al-Habori, Ali Mohammed Al-Meeri, Mohammed Abdulkader Al-Nuzaily and Faisal Ali. Asian J. Med. Pharm. Res. 2014; (Iran/Turkey) 4(2): 101-106. http://ajmpr.scienceline.com/attachments/article/25/Asian%20J.%20Med.%20Pharm.%20Res.%204(2)%20101-106,%202014.pdf
- Stem cell, types, and its role in the production of functional cells: Mini review. Lutfi Al-maktri, Faisal Ali, Mohammed AK Al-Nuzaily. Sana’a University Journal of Medical Sciences (SUJMS). Sana’a Univ. J. Med. Sci., December 2014; 6(1): 36-45.
- Prevalence of anemia and associated risk factors among pregnant women in Sana’a, Yemen. Mohammed Abdulkader Al-Nuzaili, Mohammed Ahmed Hajar, Ahmed Kaid Allow.. (2023, publication in progress in the Sana’a University Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences).
- Sickle cell anemia and the impact of G6PD activity on the Hematological parameters. Mohammed Abdulkader Al-Nuzaili, Mohammed Ahmed Hajar. (2023, publication in progress in the Sana’a University Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences).
- Other articles in the process of publication in BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth (Springer Nature), Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (Springer Nature).