Mohamed Kasem Al-Motawakel
Address: Sana’a University, Faculty of Science, Physics Department, Solar Energy Research Lab. Sana’a — Republic of Yemen
Tel. : Home (Sana’a) (224998), Office (Sana’a) (200515) Ext. Physics Dept.
Place and Date of Birth : Hajah — Republic of Yemen — Oct. 10th — 1953
Nationality : Yemeni
University Country Period Main Field Degree
- Sana’a University Yemen 1972-1976 Physics BSc.
- Syracuse University ASU 1978-1980 Particle Physics MSc.
- Cranfield Institute of Technology UK 1978-1980 Solar Energy PhD.
Employment: Sana’a University
- 1970-1972 : Secondary School Teacher
- 1976-1978 : Lab. Demonstrator (Physics Dept.)
- 1980-1982 : Ass. Lecturer (Physics Dept.)
- 198&1994 : Ass. Prof. (Physics Dept.)
- 1994-1996 : Head of The Physics Dept.
- 1997-2006 : Ass. Prof. (Physics Dept.)
- 2006-2020 : Asci. Prof. (Physics Dept.)
- 2020- : Head of The Physics Dept.
- Member of The international Solar Energy Society (ESES).
- Member of The International Center of Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- Member of The Commission for Atmospheric Science (CAS).
Acad., and Research Awards:
- 3rd World Ac., of Sciences Research Awards 1988, Center of Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy.
- ISESCO Research Awards 1990, Islamic Edu-Sc and Cultural Organization 16 Bis, Charia Omar Ben Khattab, Agdal, Rbat,
- 3Rd World Ac. Of Sciences Research Awards 90-91 Center Of Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy
- World Bank: Thermal Performance of Bread Baking Ovens- 1989.
- World Health Organization: Radiation Physics Course and Lab. 1995.
- World Bank: Thermal Performance Of Bread Baking Ovens —1992.
Educational and Administrative Committees:
* Educational : Curriculum Design Committees
- : Course Content Specification Committees
- : Physics Laboratory Measuring and Research Devices Specifications and Ordering Committees
- : Physics References and Text Book Selecting Committees
* Administrative : Editor of The Faculty of Science Journal of R. & D
Areas of Computer Programming:
- Linear and Polynomial Regression Programs.
- Survey Analysis Programs.
- Energy Evaluation.
- Sizing, Costing, and Designing Renewable Energy Sources.
- (Pv, Wind, Buiomass).
- 3D Plotting Programs.
- Theoretical Physics Simulation Programs.
Single Author Papers: M. K.At-Motawakel ,
- “Potentiality of Wind Energy Systems in The Y.A.R.” Conference in Solar Energy, Baghdad, Iraq, 21-24 of Feb, PP. 1-87 to 1-29.
- “Passive-Design Features of The Vernacular Buildings in The A.R.”, ISES Solar World Congress 1989, Kobe, Japan, Sept. 4-8, PP. 367-376, 1989,
- “The Performance of The Bread —Baking Ovens Used in The Yemeni Houses”, J.I.T.H. Conference, Algeria, 5-9 Nov, 1989.
First and 2nd Author Papers: M.K.Al-Motawakel et., al,
- “Energy, Used in The Y.A.R.”, Applied Energy, Vol.24, PP. 185-214
- “Thermal Behaviors of Vernacular Buildings in The Y.A.R. Applied Energy, Vol. 24, PP. 245-376.
- “Solar Energy Harnessing Performance of Direct-Gain and Non-Vented Trombe Walls Under Yemeni Weather Conditions” Applied Energy, Vol. 26, 1987, PP. 159-191.
- “Photovoltaic Array Sizing for Yemeni Electrical Needs”, International Journal of Ambient Energy, Vol. 7, No. 4, Oct. PP. 207-215.
- “Strategy for Sizing Solar Energy Collecting Systems in The Yemen’ Proceeding of The World Renewable Energy Congress, Reading, U.K., 23-28 Sept. 1990, PP. 386-390. “Performance of Different. Types of Renewable Power Supply Systems”, International Journal of Ambient Energy, 12, No.4, Oct. 1991, PP. 205-213,
- “Analysis of Solar Radiation Measurements at Sana’a University Weather Station (15 N-44 E). Solar and Wind Technology, Vol. 6, No.5, PP. 467-472, 1988.
- “A Design Method for Photovoltaics-Battery Storage System Under Tropical Conditions” International Journal of Ambient. Energy, Vol. 10, No.1, PP. 31-50, 1989.
Supervised Ph.D. Thesis:
- Performance of renewable energy systems (RES) under the weather conditions of tropical countries.
- Potentiality of combining wind and photovoltaic energy systems under the weather conditions of tropical countries (Egypt and Yemen).
- Research award letters.
- Proposals of ongoing research projects.
|General Physics(1)||1986- 1996||1st year sc.st.||Physics||Halliday and Resnick||Classical Mechanics|
|General Physics(II)||1993 1996||1st y6r sc.st.||Fundamental of Physics||Halliday and Resnick||Electricity, Magnetism|
|Modern Physics||1986-1996||3rd year sc. And Ed.st.||Special theory of relativity||M.I.T. Press Special theory||Special theory of red.|
|Solar energy||1986-1996||4th year xecond El.st||Solar Energy thermal processes||Duffle Beckman||Solar radiation flat Plate collectors PV systems|
|Electrodynamic Theory||1997-1998||4th year sc.st.||Electrodynamic||Jackson||Electrodynamic|
- Modern Physics Lab. Manual: 14 Experiments in the field of electrodynamics and Quantum transfer of energy
- General physics Lab Manual : 16 experiments in the field of classical mechanics electricity, Magnetism, and Geometrical Optics
- Demonstration expt. manual: Contains No. of experiments illustrating the principal of physics,
Textbooks (All Published By Sana’a University Press)
- Principles Of Electrodynamic Theory
- Electricity And Magnetism
- Special Theory Of relativity
- Solar Energy
- Electrodynamic Theory
Subjects of interest for Teaching
- Relativistic Electrodynamic M.Sc. Degree Students
- Electrodynamic Theory B.Sc. Degree Students Solar Energy
- Modern Physics (Special Theory of Relativity)
- Electricity-And Magnetism
- General Physics
- Mathematical Physics (M.Sc. or B.Sc. Degree Students)
- Statistical Physics