Omar Abdullah Thabit Al-Sabri.
Name: Omar Abdullah Thabit Al-Sabri.
Science job title: Assistant professor
Date and place of birth: 1952 – Taiz Governorate
Phone number: 737046333/771596726
Prof. Al-Sabri is an assistant professor at Sana’a University at College of Mass Communication, Radio and Television Department, since 1997. He obtained his high school degree in Aden Governorate in 1976, and obtained his BA in 1982 then MA with honours in 1984 from Moscow State University with the thesis titled “The Organization and Development of Television in the People’s Democratic Republic of Yemen.”
After that he obtained a Ph.D. in 1989 from Moscow State University with the thesis of ” Analyzing the Content of the Audiovisual Radio Programs for Television of the People’s Republic of Yemen “.
He conducted several research and survey studies for radio and television programs and also supervised several specialized researches as well as graduation projects for students of the Radio and Television Department.
- High School Degree, Aden 1976.
- Diploma in Folk and Western Music Theories, the Institute of Fine Arts.
- Bachelor degree, Faculty of Journalism and Media, Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov 1982.
- Master Degree with honours, Moscow State University 1984 with thesis entitled “The Organization and Development of Television in the People’s Democratic Republic of Yemen.”
- Doctorate degree, (Ph.D.) Moscow State University 1989, with the thesis” Analyzing the Content of Audio-Visual Radio Programs for Television of the People’s Republic of Yemen.
- Pharmacist assistant for dispensing medicines for internal departments at Al-Jumhuriya Hospital in Aden Governorate.
- Broadcaster for the Arabic section of Radio Moscow.
- Researcher in the Department of Research and Program Studies for Radio and Television at the Yemen Radio and Television Corporation – Aden Branch.
- Assistant Professor in the Radio and Television Department at Sana’a University – College of Mass Communication.
- Head of the Radio and Television Department from 1997 to 2003.
- Head of the Control Department at the College of Mass Communication.
Conferences and Workshops:
Participated in many Forums and conferences at Sana’a and Aden University.
Research and scientific papers:
- He had several research and survey studies on radio and television programs while working in the Foundation’s Research Department in Aden from 1989 to 1997.
- He supervised several specialized researches at the College of Mass Communication and also supervised graduation projects for students of the Radio and Television Department in making specialized television documentary films.
- Participated as an external critic to discuss a research study submitted by the student / Fayez Mahmoud Khalil from Queen Arwa University under the title (The Media Policy of Arab Satellite Channels towards the Palestinian Cause) to obtain a Master’s Degree in Media – Radio and Television major in 2005.
- He has several research studies under publication on Sana’a Radio Program (General Program) that are entitled as:
- The advantages that characterize audio broadcasting (radio) currently (analytical survey study to find out the reluctance of the radio audience to listen).
- An analytical comparison between the news bulletin presented at nine in the evening from the (Yemen satellite channel) and the news bulletins presented by the Arab government satellite channels at nine in the evening (content analysis).
- An analytical study of educational television programs offered by (Sheba TV “Yemeni Chanel” – Egypt educational channels – Syrian education TV).
737046333 / 771596726