Hussein Saleh Ali Al-bahji
Dr. Hussein Saleh Ali Al-bahji
Born: Nov, 11th 1972.
Occupation: Lecturer at English Department. Sana’a
Current Job: Azal University Chancellor.
Specialization: Modern English Literature.
Start Employment: 1996
Marital Status : Married
Summary: (A brief profile Summary of the faculty member at least 3 lines)
Dr . Hussein Saleh Ali Al-bahji assistant Professor of English Literature at English department, Faculty of Education, Sana’a University. I have good experience in academic and administrative activities. I have published some books in field of literature and issued some articles and researches in different magazines.
- Ph. D. in Modern English Literature, Sana’a University, Faculty of Languages. (Nov.2009)
2-M.A. in English Literature from Sana’a University, Faculty of Arts. (Jan.2005)
- B.A. in ELT from Sana’a University, Faculty of Education, Sana’a. (June.1996).
- Diploma in computer programs , (dos, windows, word, excel, power point, printing in Arabic and English), University of Science and Technology.
- Chancellor of Azal University for Human Development since Jan. 2019 till now.
- Acting Chancellor of Azal University for Human Development since May 2016 till December 2018.
- Dean of Post-Graduate Studies at Azal University for Human Development since October 2015 till December 2018.
- Chairman of Strategic Planning committee at Azal University for Human Development.
- Assistant Professor of English Literature at Faculty of Education, Sana’a University since 2013 till now.
- Dean of the International College, University of Science and Technology, Sana’a, Yemen. (Nov.2009- to –Nov. 2011).
- A member of Planning Strategic Committee at University of Science and Technology (2010-2011).
- Since 1996 till 2013 lecturer at English Department, University of Science and technology.
- The Head of English Syllabus Revision Committee, Ministry of Education, Yemen.
- Taught many courses in general and technical English at the English Department, Faculty of Education and Arts, University of Science and Technology(1998 to- 2013)
- Taught many courses in English skills, Reading, writing, Spoken and Grammar at the English Department, UST.(1998- 2005).
- Taught many courses in English Literature at the English Department, UST. (2004-to-date). Include the followings.
1-Introduction to Literature.
2 -Selected English Prose.
3- 17th century Literature.(poetry and prose).
4-18th Century literature.(poetry and prose).
5-19th Century literature.(poetry and prose).
6-20th Century literature.(poetry and prose).
7- Practicum 1 and 2.
8- Supervised Graduation Projects for Education and Arts Programs .
- Taught Contrastive Rhetoric at Faculty of Languages, Sana’a University. (For High Diploma students).
- Appointed as Head for the Languages Unit, University of Science and Technology, (2002-2006).
- Appointed as Vice Head for the Languages Unit, University of Science and Technology, (2000-2002).
- Offered some training courses in the Human development of personal productive skills in some institutes and schools (2005- to 2013).
- Member in the examination Board Committee of the College of Human and Administrative Studies, (1998 – to 2013).
- Orientation Intake Coordinator for the English Department, Education Program, (2005- to2013).
- Member of Curriculum Development and Learning Resources team at the English Department, University of Science and Technology, (2004-2006).
- A member of High Education Strategic Planning Committee with cooperation of The World Bank. (the Complete Vision 2015-2030)
- A Coordinator of English Language Development Project with the British Council, Yemen.(2014).
- Taught English as a second Language at the Police Academy, Training College, (2005-2006) as part- time job.
- Taught English as a second Language at Public School, (1996-999).
- Taught English as a second Language at Private Schools,(1996-1998).
Conferences and Workshops:
|1. Participated in a conference about literary Translation at Qatar University May 2012.
2. Participated in a conference about translation and interpreting studies at the British Institute in Amman, Jordan September 2011.
3. Attended TESOL 40th convention in Florida, USA (2006).
4. Participated in the International Visitors Leadership Program (IVP) sponsored by the Department of States in Washington DC, USA (2006).
5. Joined an Intensive Secretarial Diploma in computer with overall grade of Excellent,(1998).
6. Attended training workshops in ELT sponsored and offered by the British Council in Sana’a.
7. Attended training workshops in Methods of Teaching sponsored and offered by Yemen American Language Institute (YALI) in Sana’a.
8. Attended an intensive language workshops organized by the Amideast (2007).
9. Attended a workshop in English for Specific Purpose held at Sana’a University offered by The American Embassy and Language Unit at UST (2001).
10. Attended training course in strategic planning at Al-Noble’s Training Center (2006).
11. Attended training course in using Learning Management System (LMS) at the Information Technology Center, University of Science and Technology.
12. Attended a workshop in curriculum development at the University of Science and Technology, presented by Dr. Dawood Al-hodabi and others.
13. Attended many courses in Personal Productive Skills (Business Edge), Like Problem Solving, decision Making, time management, Work team at Seeds for Education sponsored by International Finance Corporation, World Bank Group.(2007).
14. Attended a course in Training of Trainers (TOT) at the UST sponsored by the British Council.
15. Attended a training course on managing the Election at Jordanian University, Jordan (2002).
Research and scientific papers:
- Published a book in Literature” An Introduction to Literature” Al- amen for printing Sana’a 2015.
2-Published a book in Literature” a Survey of The Twentieth Century Literature” Al- amen for printing Sana’a 2013.
3-Co-author of Six-level English Series for private primary schools entitled “Grow up with English”, published by Dar Al-wasilah, Sana’a. The series consists of 12 books equipped with integrated communicative kits.
4-The effect of Media on children performance in English. B.A final Project (1996)
5-The Thematic Structure of the Family Reunion by T. S. Eliot. M. A dissertation.
6- A Study of The Thematic Development In Harold Pinter’s Major Plays. Ph D. dissertation.
- Co-author of Al-Jeel Al-Jadeed Publications of High School Student’s English Book , for secondary students funded by Al- Jeel Al-Jadeed ,Est. Sana’a.
- Wrote some articles in some magazines and newspapers in Yemen.
- Prepared training courses on The Effective Leadership and Critical Thinking Skills.
10- Self Search Journey and Contact Zone. unpublished Paper. USTY.
11- Muslim and Mosque in Postcolonial Text. Published paper : http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/ells.v4n1p54