dr.FAHD HUSSEIN AHMED AL-SAIF
Name: FAHD HUSSEIN AHMED AL-SAIF.
Date and Place of Birth: 12/1/1974, Hajjah City, Hajjah Governorate, YEMEN.
A brief profile Summary of the faculty member:
I worked at the faculty of Education, Humanities & Applied Sciences at Khawlan since it started teaching in 1997. I was appointed as a teaching assistant in 1997. I was nominated to study M.A. and Ph.D. abroad. I was promoted to assistant professor in 2009 after obtaining Ph. D. in 2008. I became the head of the English Dept. in 2009. I am interested in teaching linguistics.
- D. in English (Linguistics) November 2008, University of Poona, Pune, INDIA.
- A. in Linguistics (May 2002), Deccan College- Postgraduate & Research Institute (Deemed University), Pune- 411006, INDIA.
- Ed (English) (1994-1995), Faculty of Education- Hajjah, Sana’a University, YEMEN.
- Higher Secondary School, Scientific Section 1990-1991, Al-thawra School, Hajjah Governorate.
- Assistant Professor (2009), Faculty of Education, Arts & Science-Khawlan, Sana’a University, Sana’a, YEMEN.
- Head of English Department (August 2017-…………), Faculty of Education, Humanities & Applied Sciences – Khawlan, Sana’a University, Sana’a, YEMEN.
- Head of English Department (2009-2013), Faculty of Education, Humanities & Applied Sciences – Khawlan, Sana’a University, Sana’a, YEMEN.
- Head of Academic and educational unit, Distant Learning Center (DLC), Sana’a University, from 2014 – …………..
- Participated in the administration of DLC in Ryadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2014.
- Teaching Assistant (Lecturer) (from 1997 to 1999), Faculty of Education, Arts & Science-Khawlan, University of Sana’a, Sana’a, YEMEN.
- Teacher of English (from 1995 to 1997), Ministry of Education, Hajjah, YEMEN.
- Co-Supervisor of Master’s Degree.
Conferences and Workshops:
- A Participant in the International Conference on Pragmatics organized by the IASE, Pune, in collaboration with the University of Poona and Cambridge University Press from 15 to 17 December, 2006.
- A Participant in the Third International Conference of Austro-Asiatic Linguistics (ICAAL3) jointly organized by Deccan College- Postgraduate & Research Institute, Pune, Central Institute, Mysore and Linguistic Society of India from 26 to 28 November , 2007 .
- A participant in the SPPS workshop organised by the center for developing university education – Sana’a University from 11/12/2010 to 30/12/2010.
- A participant in the training of preparing course specification organized by the center for development of university education – Sana’a University in 2013.
- A participant in the program of quality weeks organized by the center of Academic development and quality assurance in Sana’a University from 26/4/2014 to 29/4/2014.