Iman Abdullah Yahya Al-Mahdi
(Associate Professor in English Literature)
Address: Dr. (Mrs.) Iman Abdullah Al-Mahdi, Department of English, Faculty of Languages, Sana’a University, Sana’a, Republic of Yemen.
o B.A. (Bachelor of Arts in English 1999, Pune University, Pune, Maharashtra State, India).
o M.A. (Master of Arts in English 2001, Pune University, Pune, Maharastra State, India).
o Ph. D. (Doctor of Philosophy in English 2005. Pune University, Pune, Maharashtra State, India).
1. Worked as Head of English department at Saba University from 1/9/2005-7/5/2006. Sana’a. Republic of Yemen.
2. Worked as Dean of faculty of Arts and Education at Saba University from 8/5/2006 -2009. Sana’a, Republic of Yemen.
3. Worked as Head of Department, English Department, Faculty of Languages, Sana’a University, 2010 to 2012, also teaching and Guiding as a supervisor for MA and Ph. D thesis in the Department of English Sana’a University Since 2009 .
4. Teaching and Guiding MA Literature students and Supervising MA Thesis, in Yemen Academy for Higher Education, Sana’a, Republic of Yemen, since 2016.
5. Foreign Examiner for Ph.D thesis for Indian Universities, Annamalai University and Bharatiar University, Tamil Nadu state, India since 2016.
Conferences and Workshops:
o 24-26 February, 2005. Forum for Culture Studies Institute of Advanced Studies in English, Pune, India.
o 15 March, 2005 Akiyabharati Research Institute, Pune, India.
Research and scientific papers:
1. Plural Perspectives: A study of Oliver Twist., GIEWEC Publications, Kerela State, India, 2012.
2. A Study of Hardy as a novelist of Protest with Reference to two novels- Tess d’uebervilles and Jude the Obscure, Thamar University Journal. Republic of Yemen. 2012.
3. Myth And Archetype their application in the Waste Land. Sana’a University Journal. Sana’a, Republic of Yemen,2011.
4. Portraying Sana as a women: A critical study of Some of AbdulAziz Makala’s Poetry, Alnasser University Publications, Republic of Yemen, 2017.
5. Politics of Dispersion: A Critic of Geroge Orwell’s Animal Farm, Sana’a University Publications, Sana’a, Republic of Yemen.2017.
6. A Study of Radicalism in Daniel Deofe in the Novel Robinson Crusoe, Writers Editors Critics ( GIEWEC), Kerela State, India, 2017.
7. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte: A critical Study in Concreteness, Alandalus University Publications, Republic of Yemen, 2018.
8. Feministic Perspectives: An Analysis Od Shashi Deshpande’s That Long Silence,, Sana’a University Publications, Sana’a, Republic of Yemen, 2018.
9. Apocalyptic Vision In Amit Chaudhuri’s Novel A Strange and Sublime Address, AlNasser University Publications, Republic of Yemen, 2020.