Title of the study
The Impact of Applying the Principles of Total Quality on the Strategic Performance (a Case Study of Yemen Mobile Company for Mobile Phones)
Prepared by the Researcher
Basheer Ali Farhan Tagaddin
Prof. Dr. Abdulaziz Mohammed Ahmed Al-Mikhlafi
The problem of the study: Despite the rapid developments in mobile phone technologies and the intense competition in the telecommunications market Yemen Mobile Company for mobile phones still lacks the application of the principles of total quality and it works according to traditional administrative methods.
- Weak quality culture among the company’s employees.
- The lack of quality management in the company’s organizational structure.
- The lack of branches of the company in most of the governorates، and the company’s dependence on a very large percentage of agents in providing its services to customers.
Study Objectives: The current study aimed to achieve the following:
- To know the impact of applying the principles of total quality on the strategic performance of the Yemen Mobile Company for mobile phones.
- To know the reality of the application of total quality in Yemen Mobile Company for mobile phones.
Study methodology: To achieve the objectives of the study and answer its questions, the quantitative approach was used in a descriptive analytical style. Thus, the questionnaire was used as a tool for data collection. Besides, the study population consisted of all employees at Yemen Mobile Company, and the sample was chosen by the disproportionate stratified random sampling method, where the sample size was (225) employees.
- There is a statistically significant impact of the principles of total quality management on the strategic performance of Yemen Mobile for Mobile Phones.
- Yemen Mobile top management pays great importance to the need and desires of its customers through working continuously to address their problems and providing the best services that meet their aspirations.
Most prominent recommendations:
- The company’s management should work on developing a clear quality plan with the participation of all the company’s administrative units and work on implementing it and supervising its implementation by the top management.
- Continuing promoting the principle of customer focus for they are the main focus in total quality management, and this can be by continuing listening to them in order to know more about their requirements and expectations and work to meet them.