ABDULHAMEED MANEA AL-SYEH
Assistant Professor in the Accounting Dep., Sana’a University
|ALMUSTANSIRIYAH UNIVERSITY –IRAQ.||1999||PhD in Accounting.
Grade: Very Good
Title of dissertation: “International Accounting Standards: Study of the extent of their use in, and relevance to, The Republic of Yemen”.
|ALMUSTANSIRIYAH UNIVERSITY –IRAQ.||1995||Master in Accounting.
Grade: Very Good
Title of dissertation “The Importance of relevance & reliability in published financial reports for making decisions and performance evaluation”.
|SANA’A UNIVERSITY -YEMEN||1988||Bachelor in Accounting
|ABDULNASSER HIGH SCHOOL – YEMEN||1982||High School.
Grade: Very Good.
- Arabic and English.
- Word, Excel and Access.
- An Accountant at The Public Sector during the period 1985-1988.
- Assistant Teacher at Accounting Dep., Sana’a University 1990-1992.
- Internal Auditor at Yemeni Economical Corp., 1991-1992.
- Yemen Certified Public Accountant, 1997.
- Assistant Professor in the Accounting Dep., Sana’a University during the period 1999-2005.
- Lecturer in the Science & Technology University and Al-Yemenia University during the period 1999-2003.
- Lecturer for postgraduate students in the Arabic Academy during the period 2005-2008, Yemen Academy for graduate studies and Saba university 2016— .
- Member of Faculty Council, Faculty of Commerce and Economics, Sana’a University during the period 2000-2003 and 2016– .
- Associate Prof. in Accounting Dep., at Sana’a University, 2005—.
- Supervision and discussion of Master thesis and Research arbitration for publication in scientific journals.
- Board Member of Al-Yemenia University 2001-2012, and 2015—.
- Vice Chairman of General Authority of Social Security and Pensions 2003- 2012.
- Board Member of Yemen Refining and Canning Company 2003- 2010.
- Member of Yemen Mobile Company Founding Committee 2006, and Board Member of this Company 2007- 2009, and 2013- 2015.
- Member of Non-Governmental Advisory Authority for the Implementation of the President’s Electoral Program 2007- 2011.
- Representative of the General Authority for Social Security and Pensions in the Finance and Audit Committees of Yemen LNG and Chairman of the Accounting Committee in YLNG 2006-2012.
- Board Member of Yemeni-Jordanian University 2009- 2012.
- General Manager of General Authority for Post& Postal Savings 2012- 2015.
- Board Member of Public Telecommunication Corporation 2012- 2015.
- Board Member of Tele-Yemen Co. 2012- 2015.
- Member of Scientific Committee of Tax Accounting Diploma at Tax Authority 2019-,
Research and scientific papers:
- International Accounting: The Theoretical and Practical Framework (20000 copies sold).
- Management Accounting (I): participated with other author (18000 copies sold).
- Management Accounting (II): participated with other authors (12000 copies sold).
- Financial Accounting (II): participated with other authors (20,000 copies sold).
- Accounting in Insurance Companies: Participated with other authors (14,000 copies sold).
- “Globalization Impact on International Accounting Standards and its Implications for Accounting Applications in Developing Countries”, research published in Aledari, Institute of Public Administration, Muscat, Oman 2002.
- “Globalization Impact on The Unified Arabic Accounting Systems and Its Implications for Foreign Direct Investment”, research published in Journal of Administration and Economics, AL-Mustansiriyah University, Baghdad, Iraq, 2003.
- “The Effect of Inflation on The Relevance and Reliability of The Accounting Information In The Published Financial Statements”, research published in The Arab Journal of Accounting, the Committee of Accounting Departments in Universities of Gulf Cooperation Council Countries, University of Bahrain, AL Manama, Bahrain, 2005.
- “Obstacles of The Adoption and Application of The International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in Developing Countries: Such as Yemen”, research published in Middle East Forum on International Financial Reporting Standards, Beirut, Lebanon, 26/2/2008.
- “Methods of Social Security and Pensions Funds in Yemen and the Ability to Cope with Economic Crises”, research published in National Seminar on social security systems and their ability to cope with economic crises, Beirut, Lebanon, 28-30/11/2011.
- “Financial and Administrative Corruption: Concept, Types, Causes, and Effects, Keeping in mind its Reality And Methods Of Confronting It in The Republic of Yemen”, 7th International Forum on Financial And Administrative Corruption: Problem And Solution, Skikda, Algeria, 15-16/5/2012.
- “International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) Trends to Meet the Requirements of Developing Countries and Their Reflections on the Application of IFRS in Yemen; Small and Medium Sized Entities Standard (SMEs) as a Model”, research published in Aledari, Institute of Public Administration, Muscat, Oman 2013.
- “The Significance of Interim Financial Statements For the Users of Accounting Information in The Republic of Yemen: An Field Study”, research published in Remah Magazine For Research and Studies, research and development human resources center, Amman, Jordan, 2016.
- “The Problem of Creative Accounting and The Impact of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)”, research Acceptable for publication in Journal of Administration and Economics, AL-Mustansiriyah University, Baghdad, Iraq, 2016.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Organizing and holding a session in a specialized accounting course in the field of accounting for non-accountants for the employees of the:
- Agricultural Services Corporation in 1999.
- General Aviation Authority in 2000.
- Yemen Airways in 2001.
- Yemen Telecommunications Corporation in 2002.
- Organizing a course in accounting systems for wages and time control and the permanence of employees for the employees of Al-Burh Cement Factory in 2000.
- Organizing a course in the internal control of the employees of Shehab Insurance and Trade Agency in 2000.
Organizing and holding a session in the field of International Financial Reporting Standards for a number of entities and institutions, including: General Authority of Aviation, Yemen Airlines, Public Telecommunications Corporation, Tax Authority, Yemen Mobile, Tadhamon International Bank and a group of employees from different companies in the group Hail Said Anam