Ahmed Mohammed Ahmed Al-Shami
Prof. in the dept. of Business Admin. Sana’a university
a lecturer at the dept. of Business Administration, college of Business Sana’a university. teaching undergraduate as well as graduate management courses such as :
- Procurement of Management
- Advance Marketing courses .
- Production and operation Management .
- Production Planning & Control .
- Projects Management .
- Quality Management .
- Researches Methodology .
Business Correspondence in English
- Bachelor degree in Accounting , grade excellent with honor status, Sana’a university, 1996
- Master in Development Admin. (MDA), Western Michigan univ., Kalamazoo ,Mi, USA, 1989
- h.D in Management Science., major: Quality Management, Poona univ., India, 1996
- Done a study on Restructuring governmental Organizations , aimed to identify the proper approach(es) to conduct the reform of public sector entities , presented to the Ministry of Civil Service, 2000.
- Conducting study on Transparency and Accountability , presented to UNDP 2003 .
- Conducting study aimed to assess the steeps that have been achieved by yemen government toward fighting corruption presented to Ministry of planning and international cooperation 2003/ 2004.
- Conducting study titled ” assessment of government efforts toward implementation of decentralization” presented to Ministry of Planning and international cooperation 2005 .
- Participated in preparing Organizational structure, by-law and job analysis and job description for the Ministry of Basic Education 2001 .
- Participated in preparing the regulations, organizational structure, and the job description for the Ministry of Higher Education and scientific researches, 2002.
- Re-structuring the following public organizations:-
- faculty of midicen, Sana’a University 2003.
- School books Corporation Press, 1998.
- Ministry of Endowment And Guidance.
- Central Organization for censues .
- Restructuring more than 20 Organizations in the Yemeni Mixed and private sectors .
- Designed job analysis and standards format for job description for the Ministry of public health and population 2005 .
- Prepared a study on the future trend in the government functions as a result of globalization changes .
- Conducted study to evaluate the performance and achievement of some governmental organizations 2002-2006.
- Evaluated the performance and achievement of administrative reform program which undertaking in some governmental organizations.
- Worked as a counterpart for the international expert responsible for developing national strategy for higher education and scientific research 2004/2005.
- Prepared national strategy for public positions and wages rendered to ministry of civil service and insurance .
- Participated in preparing the by-law of the law no. (43) of 2005 for public positions and wages.
Conferences and Workshops:
Attending more than seventy activities locally as well as internationally.
Research and scientific papers:
Done a number of studies and researches papers dealing with a variety of topics related to the field management, published inside & outside Yemen. Some of the researches are:
* Applying Quality Concepts on Yemeni Industrialized Organizations. Field Study, Journal of Social Studies, Sana’a, Sep. 1997.
* Total Quality Management: Concepts & applications in the R.O.Y, Aledari Journal, Oman, Mar. 1999.
* Globalization ; its Influence and challenges on Yemeni Banks, third scientific conference, National chamber of commerce & Industry., Aden, 1998.
* The Current Position of Marketing In Yemeni Firms, First Seminar for Marketing, univ. of Sci. & Tech., Dec. 1999.
Globalization & its Influence on Management Systems, Fifth Scientific conference, college of commerce, Sana’a, Oct. 2000.
* International Standards of Quality Systems., Journal of college of commerce 2004
* Marketing & the coming challenges. From non-country-source Importing & its impact on local production, national economics, Customer production Asso., Sep. 2001.
* The future trends of government functions and Policies: a study presented to the Ministry Of Planning And International Cooperation, 2001.
* The Present Situation Of Public Administration IN Yemeni Public Sector Entities, Second Arab Conference for Creative Leadership , Cairo, 2001.
* Information Systems In Yemen: facts & perspectives, Information Knowledge And Electronic Management Scientific Conference, Philadephia univ. Amman , Jordan 2002.
* The type of leadership in Yemeni public sector , Third Management Conference syria 2003 .
* Electronic Commerce & its Influence on State’s Revenues , Journal of Tax Wearness.