Abdulhakim Abdrabu Mohammed Al-Abid
Associate Professor at the Department of Statistics and Informatics, Faculty of Commerce and Economics, University of Sana’a. His main areas of interest include applied statistics, Population Studies. Dr. Abdelhakim Alabid has published over 3 research papers in international journals. He also published two books in partnership with colleagues in the department.
- 2001: PhD in Applied Statistics, Faculty of Commerce, Tanta University –
- 1994: Master of Population Statistics – Institute of Statistical Studies and Research, Cairo University – Egypt.
- 1991: Diploma of Population Statistics – Institute of Statistical Studies and Research, Cairo University (High diploma after university two years) – Egypt.
- 1987: Bachelor of of Economics / Accounting – Faculty of Commerce and Economics Sana’a University (Major Specialization Economics, Accounting Minority Specialization) –Yemen.
- Teaching undergraduate students the following curricula :
Statistics, mathematics and advance statistics.
- Participation as an external discussant of several of Master’s letters at the University of Aden
- Co-supervisor for several postgraduate theses in Yemeni universities.
- Examiner for several postgraduate theses in Yemeni universities.
- Participate in many statistical research and consulting field and preparation and description and analysis of the data.
Conferences and Workshops:
- Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Committee for the project of Basic Services Map 2006-2007, which got the best statistical work in the Arab world in 2007.
- Chair of the technical committee for the project Map of Basic services 2006-2007.
- Chair of the technical committee for the survey of Child Labor 2009.
- Supervising and participating in the surveys and statistical works conducted by the Central Statistical Organization since February 2004.
- External participation in several conferences, seminars and workshops as a representative of the Central Statistical Organization.
- Chair of the steering committee for the 2009 baseline survey, which was implemented with the support of UNFPA.
- Member of the technical committees to prepare the five-year plan and the project of childhood and youth.
- Head of the preparation team for the annual report for Women National Committee 2010.
- Chairman of the Technical Committee for the General Census of Population, Housing and Establishments 2014
- Deputy head of the General Population, Housing and Establishment Census Bureau 2014
- Member and Rapporteur of the Higher Committee for the General Census of Population, Housing and Establishments 2014
- Vice Chairman of the Steering Committee for the Baseline Survey of Mother and Child Health 2013 and the supervisor of the survey funded by UNICEF.
- Member of the steering committee for the survey of the Labor force 2013/2014 and the technical supervisor of the survey
Research and scientific papers:
- A study on “Demographic Characteristics in the Republic of Yemen in 1990” (joint research to meet the requirements of diploma), Institute of Statistical Studies and Research, Cairo University 1991.
- A study entitled “Demographic Characteristics of the Population of the Capital’s Secretariat” (Meeting the requirements of the Pre-Master) Institute of Studies, Research and Statistical Research, Cairo University 1991.
- A study entitled “Estimation of Life Tables of Economic Activists in the Republic of Yemen” (Published research) International Conference of Statistics and Computer Science, Cairo University 1994.
- A study entitled “Statistical Estimation of the Labor Market in the Republic of Yemen” International Conference of Statistics and Computer Science, Ain Shams University, Cairo, 1994.
- Preparation of a statistical study of the Women National Committee entitled “Level of Gender Integration in Yemen’s National Statistics 2010”.
- Participation in the preparation of a statistical study entitled “Evaluation of Age and Population Distribution Data for the Population in the 2004 “, Central Organization for Statistics 2011.
- Supervising the preparation of the National Women’s Report 2010, Women National Committee 2011.
- Abdelhakim Alabid1, and Ahmed Hurairah., Alabid, A, (2019) “ THE BETA TRANSMUTED POWER DISTRIBUTION WITH APPLICATION”. Indonesian Journal of Statistics and Its Applications, Vol. 3 No1, 105-123.
- Hurairah, A., Alabid, A, (2020) “ Beta transmuted Lomax distribution with applications “. Journal of Statistics in Transition- new series, 21, No. 2, PP. 13-34 .
- Hurairah, Al-Obaid, Mufrah and Saeed, “Principles of Statistics – Statistical Applications Using SPSS”, Al-Ameen for Publishing and Distribution, Sana’a, Yemen, 2011.
- Ahmed Hurairah, Abdel-Hakim Al-Obaid, “Basics of Differentiation, Integration and Its Applications” Al-Wasatiya for Publishing and Distribution, Sana’a, Yemen, 2018.
- Alabid, A and Hurairah, A, (2019) “ THE BETA TRANSMUTED POWER DISTRIBUTION WITH APPLICATION”. Indonesian Journal of Statistics and Its Applications, Vol. 3 No1, 105-123.
- Hurairah, A., Alabid, A, (2020) “Beta transmuted Lomax distribution with applications “. Journal of Statistics in Transition- new series, 21, No. 2, PP. 13-34 .