Mahfoudh Mohammed Saif AL-Hamadi
Date of birth: 1-01-1965
Languages: Arabic (mother tong) & English.
Address: Sana’a city, Elzubbairy St, Republic of Yemen
• Ph.D. (Chemistry), February 2003.
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Mansoura University, Egypt.
Ph.D. Thesis Title:
” Selective separation of Some Organic and Inorganic Compounds in Aqueous Media using New Stationary Phases ”
• M.Sc. (Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry), July 1996.
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University
M.Sc. Thesis Title:
“Spectroscopic Studies on Cyclodiphosphazane Derivatives With Some Amino Compounds”
• B.Sc. (Major Chemistry & Manor Geology), July 1989.
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University, Republic of Yemen.
3- WORK EXPERENCE:
2.1- currently Working as Assistant professor of Analytical Chemistry at Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University.
( Jun 2003 – Onward).
2.2- Head of Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University (Jun 2008 – Jun 2010) and (May 2012 – February 2013)
2.3- Chemistry Instructor for Undergraduate student, Sana’a University, Faculty of Science, Chemistry Department, Sana’a Yemen, (October 1990 – December 1966)
2.4- Military Mandatory Service (1983-1984)
2.5- Participate in many Scientific and Environmental workshops.
4- TEACHING INTEREST
Analytical Chemistry, Medicinal Analytical Chemistry, Instrumental Analysis, Environmental Chemistry and General Chemistry.
5- RESEARCH and EMPLOYEMENT INTEREST
Environmental Chemistry, Water Treatment, Applied Chemistry, Environmental pollution and Separation Science.
6- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION
I. M. Abd-Ellah, Y. Al-Shaibi, A. A. Ba-Issa and M. S. Al-Hamadi “Specroscopic study on the electron delocalization within the Phosphazo ring , phosphorus , Sulfur and Silicon, 139 (1998) 29.
II. A. M. El-Wakil, A. B. Farag and M. S. Al-Hamadi,
” Novel polyurethane redactor” 6th International conference on chemistry and its role in development , Mansoura, April 17-20 2001, Mansoura, Egypt.
III. M. S. Al-Hamadi, A. M. El-Wakil, A. B. Farag, “Thermodynamic parameters concerning the extraction of some dyes using polyurethane membrane foam” Science conference 2003, Yemen, Scientific Research Foundation, 11-13 October 2003 Seiyun , Republic of Yemen.
IV. Wadie S.T.AL-Ariqi , Mahfoudh M. S. AL-Hamadi, Taiseer H. A. AL-Hodeed and Abdulah A. Ba-Issa ” Determination of Heavy metals in Raw Effluents of Public Hospitals in Sana’a City of Yemen” Faculty of Science Bulletin, 23 (2010) 29-37.
V. Abdul Kadir Raoof Barzinjia, Abdul Karim Nashera*, Ramzi Ahmed Mothana b, Mahfoudh Mohammed Saif Al-Hamadi
In vitro Antimalarial activity of selected Yemeni plants used in traditional medicine International Journal of Medicinal Plants. Photon 107 (2014) 526-535
VI. Hassan Heba1*, Osama Abuzinadah 1, Mahfouz Al-Hamadi2, Anas Al-Nedhary2, Isam Abu Zeid1, Kulvinder Saini1, Abdelrahman Farajalla1 and Mohamed Morsi Ahmed1, 3 Detection of heavy metals contamination in greasy grouper (Epinephelus tauvina) and striped mackerel (Rastrelliger kanagurta) from Al-Hodeidah, Red Sea coast of Yemen , Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment Vol.12 ( 2 ) : 9 0 2 – 9 0 6 . 2 0 1 4
VII. Mohamed Muthana Tahera*, Mahfoudh M. S. Al-Hammadib “Assessing the impact of wastewater irrigation on cobalt cadmium and lead contents of grains of Sorghum bicolor” Arch Pharm Sci ASU 2019;3(1):90-98
VIII. Anass A. Alnedhary1, Mahfoudh M. AL-Hammadi2, Abdualqawi A. Numan3, Fatima A. Murshed2* “Optimization and Efficiency Comparison of Dispersive and Cartridge Solid Phase Extraction Cleanup Techniques in the Analysis of Pesticide Residues in Some Vegetables Using Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry” PSM Biol. Res., 2020; 5(1): 40-54
IX. Mahfoudh M. AL-Hammadi1, Anass A. Alnedhary2*, Abdualqawi A. Numan3, Fatima A. Murshed1
Validation and Application of Combined QuEChERS Extraction With Cartridge Solid Phase Extraction Cleanup for Pesticide Multiresidue Analysis in Some Vegetables by GC-ECD, PSM Biol. Res., 2020; 5(1): 14-25
X Badr I. Alabsi, Mahfoudh M. AL-Hamadi, Ali Saad Alwesabi Preconcentration of Trace Nickel lons from aqueous solutions by using a new and Low Cost chelating Polystyrene Adsorbent https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arabjc.2020.07.003
XI Novel spectrophotometric method with enhanced sensitivity for the determination of nitrite in vegetables ( under press)
XI Mahfoudh M. Al-Hamadi; W. S. T. Al-Ariqi; F. A. Murshed and Abdulah A. Ba-Issa
Retention profile and chromatographic behavior of bismuth(III) ions sorption from iodide medium onto crystal violet and malachite green impregnation polyurethane foam
7- ONGOING RESEARCH:
1. Separation and Determination of Some Water Pollutants Using Some Solid Polymeric Extractors. Thesis Submitted for the Master Degree (Completed)
2. Separation and Determination of Some Toxic Heavy Metal Ions in Sorghum Bicolor Grains ( A Human Food) Irrigated by Treated Wastewater. Thesis Submitted for the Ph.D Degree (Completed)
3. Assessment of Wastewater of Some Hospitals in Sanaa City. Thesis Submitted for the Master Degree (Completed).
4. Development and Application of Spectrophotometric method for Determination of Nitrates and Nitrites in some Vegetables from Yemeni Local Markets. Thesis Submitted for the Master Degree (Completed)
5. Development of an extraction method followed by detection of lard in imported food items using validated GC/FID method. Thesis Submitted for the Master Degree (Completed)
6. Development of GC-analysis of fatty acids methylester and its applications for detection of commercial adulteration in oil. Thesis Submitted for the Master Degree (Completed)
7. Optimization and development of extraction techniques used in the analysis of Pesticide Residues in Some Vegetables from Yemeni local markets. Thesis Submitted for the Ph.D Degree (Completed)
8. Method Optimization, Validation and Qualitative determination of acrylamide in Yemeni local foods using GC/ECD Method. Thesis Submitted for the Ph.D. Degree (ongoing)
9. Validation of Mercury Pollution in Yemen (A study to provide a preliminary database of mercury pollution in the Yemeni environment. Thesis Submitted for the Ph.D Degree (ongoing)
10. Characterization and Development of some Modified Polystyrene Derivatives with Complexing Agents for Removal of Pb(II), Cd(II) and Ni(II) Ions from Aqueous Solutions Thesis Submitted for the Ph.D Degree (ongoing)
11. Development and Determination of stability indicating HPLC assay method for Determination of paracetamol, methylparaben and propylparaben in pharmaceutical formulation. Thesis Submitted for the Master Degree (ongoing)
Lecturer of medicinal analytical chemistry at Thamar University Faculty of Medicine and Healthy Science, (2007–2010)
Lecturer of Analytical Chemistry &Instrumental Analysis at Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Medicine and Healthy Science, Thamar University, (March 2007 – 2010)
Lecturer of medicinal analytical chemistry at Azal university collage of medicinal science 2013
Lecturer of general chemistry at Science and Technology university, engineering collage 2008-2010.
Lecturer of general chemistry at Azal university collage of medicinal science 2013
Participate in the designation, preparation of scientific material and training of training program for the “IMPROVING OF WATER LABORATORY STAFF KNOWLEDGE” containing the following courses:
TRAINING COURSE “QUALITY ASSURANCE/QUALITY CONTROL IN CHEMICAL LABORATORIES”
TRAINING COURSE “SAFETY IN LABORATORY”
The programs financed by the HRDU-GTZ.2010
Participation in many workshops in Environmental impact assessment.
Participation in many workshops; Mathematics And Science Teacher Education Reform in Yemen (MASTERY) (2004 – 2012).
Participation in many workshops (Basic Education Teacher Education Program (BETEP) Science & Math 2013