Maher Ali Ahmed Al- Maqtari
Address: University street, Sana’a, Yemen.
Date & Place of birth: Yemen-Lahj – 15-01-1972.
Marital status: Married
- B.Sc. in Science with major in Chemistry and Minor in Biology on July 1994 in Sana’a University, Faculty of Science, Dept. of Chemistry.
- M.Sc of Biochemistry, Bangalore University, Central College, Dept. of Chemistry, India on May-June 2002.
- Ph.D of Biochemistry, Bangalore University, Central College, Dept. of Chemistry, India on Jan.2008. Graduation Project: Studies on Proteinase Inhibitors from the Seeds of Enterolobium Saman.
- Associate professor in Biochemistry on 13.2.2014
5- Head of Chemistry Department , Faculty of Sciences, Sana’a University
Arabic: my mother tongue.
English: very good in reading, writing and understanding. Speaking (good)
- Very good experience in Water analysis (Arwa Mineral Water Co.) Yemen
- Very good experience in teaching Chemistry and Biochemistry courses.
- Good experience in Bacteriology analysis ( Indian Institute Of Science) India
- A professional development course on university teaching, methods, techniques and assessment for members of the teaching staff during the period from 2 to 20 July 2008 at the University of Sana’a.
- His training course in the preparation of the specifications of the course and the existence of education, which was held in Tel-Mar, 23-5-2013 at the University of Sana’a.
- Purification and Characterization of Chymotrypsin Inhibitor from the seeds of Enterolobium Saman. |Best Poster Price Presentation in the Society of Biological Chemists, |New Delhi, India, 11-12-2006.
- Purification and Characterization of Trypsin Inhibitor from the seeds of Enterolobium Saman. Maher Ali Al. Maqtari and N.H.Manjunath Faculty of Science Bulletin, 21 (2008) 35-55
- Purification and Characterization of Chymotrypsin Inhibitor from the seeds of Enterolobium Saman. Maher Ali. Maqtari* and A.B. Mohamed. Saad SQU Journal for Science, 15 (2010) 19-29.
- Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of essential oil of Thymus vulgaris from Yemen. Maher Ali Ahmed Al.Maqtari, Saeed Mohammed Alghalibi, and Ebtesam Hasan Alhamzy.Turk J Biochem 2011; 36 (4) ; 342–349.
- Identification and Characterization of α -Amylase from Yemeni Bean (Dolichos Lablab L.) Seeds. Maher. A . Al.Maqtari*, Khalid. M. Nagi and S.M.Al Hazmi. Jordan Journal of Chemistry Vol. 6 No.2, 2011, pp. 219-229.
- ABA biosynthesis defective mutants reduce some free amino acids accumulation under drought stress in tomato leaves in comparison with Arabidopsis plants tissues. Adnan Ali Al.Asbahi, Maher Ali Al.Maqtari, and, Khalid Mohammed Naji.
- Incidence OF Campylobacter In Poultry Meats And Meat Contamination Factors In THAMAR Province. Abdel-Rahman Abdullah, Maher Ali. Al.Maqtari ,Dhary Al-Mashhadany and FarahAl-Dulaimy. International Journal Of Microbiology And
- Immunological Research. VOL. 1(1), pp. 16-29, OCTOBER 2013
- CHEMICAL COMPOSITION AND ANTIOXIDA THE ESSENTIAL OILS FROM DIFFERENT AR EA GROWN IN YEMEN. Maher.Ali.Al.Maqtari, Ebtesam Hasan Alhamzy, Alghalibi Saeed M, Nasser A. Awadh Ali, and William N. Setzer. Journal of Global Biosciences Vol. 3(1), 2014, pp. 390-398.
- Antimicrobial Activity of Lavandulla pubescensEssentialOilFromTwo Places InYemen. Salwa H. Alkhyat ,Maher.Ali.Al.Maqtari , Ebtesam Hasan Alhamzy , Alghalibi Saeed M and Nasser A. Awadh Ali . Journal: JOURNAL OF ADVANCES IN BIOLOGY. Vol 4, No.3. April 29, 2014
- Antibacterial Potential andPhysicochemicalo f Selected Yemeni Honeys Against Bacteria and Comparative with Isolates. Salwa H. Alkhyat and Maher Ali Al.Maqtari . Global Advanced Research Journal of Microbiology (ISSN: 2315-5116)Vol. 3(3) pp. 049-058, April, 2014.
- Screening of Salt-stress, Antioxidant Enzyme, and Antimicrobial Activity of Leave extracts of Mangroves Avicennia marina L. from Hodaidah, Yemen. Maher A. Al Maqtari*, Hisham M. Nagi. Journal of Stress Physiology & Biochemistry, Vol. 10 No. 2 2014, pp. 190-199 ISSN 1997-0838.
- Effectiveness of antibiotics blended with honey on some pathogenic bacteria species. Salwa H. Alkhyat and Maher Ali Al.Maqtari. International Journal of Microbiology and Immunology Research Vol. 2(7), pp. 109-115, November 2014.
- In Vitro Antibacterial activity of Different Yemeni Leaves extracts of Lawsoniainermis against Some Bacterial Pathogens. Qais.Ali. A. Al.Maqtari, and Maher Ali Al.Maqtari. International Journal of Research Studies in Biosciences (IJRSB) Volume 2, Issue10, November2014, PP 52-57.
- Prevalence of Microorganisms isolates from Urinary Tract Infections at Some Hospitals in Sana, a City, Yemen. Salwa H. Alkhyat and Maher Ali –Al.Maqtari. Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci(2014)3(6): 876-885.
- The Impact of Plastic Bags on the environment: Afield Survey of the City Of Sana’a And the Surrounding Areas, Yemen. Riyad. Moharam, and Maher Ali. Al.Maqtar. Vol2.Issue 4.pp61-Oct-Dec 2014.
- Effect of Daily Chewing Soft Buds and Leaves of Catha edulis (Khat) on the Antioxidant Defense System and Oxidative Stress Markers in Blood. Khalid Mohammed Naji Maher Ali Al-Maqtari· Adnan Ali Al-Asbahi ·Qais Yusuf M.Abdullah· R.Nagesh Babu·Varada hally Rangaiah Devaraj. Arab. J. Sci. Eng. (2015)40:1–6.
- Lupane-Type Triterpenoids Derivatives from Resin of the Socotra Dragon TreeDracaena cinnabari Balf. Mohamed Masaoud, Khaled Hussein, AhlamH. Ahmed, Maher A.Al.Maqtari. Jordan Journal of ChemistryVol. 10 No.2, 2015, pp. 108-118.
- Physicochemical Characteristics of Various Milk Samples Available in the Local Market,Sana’a City, Yemen. Maher Ali Al-Maqtari , Thurya Hussein Al-Huani and A.B. Mohamed Saad. Journal of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. Qassim University,Vol. 7, No. 2, PP 169-178(July 2014/Shaban1435H.)
- Thermal And Biochemical Studies On Some Important Smuggled Drugs In SANA’A City, YEMEN. Maher Ali. Al.Maqtari. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Vol 4, Issue 05, 2015.pp 21-28
- New Records of Streptomyces and Non Streptomyces Actinomycetes Isolated from Soils Surrounding Sana’a High Mountain. Qais Yusuf M. Abdullah,Maher Ali. Al-Maqtari, Ola,AA.Al-Awadhi, and Abdullah Y. Al-Mahdi. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Biosciences. Volume 3, Issue 3, March 2016, PP 19-31.
- Composition and Radical Scavenging Activity of Edible Wild Pulicaria jaubertii(Asteraceae) Volatile Oil. Khaled Hussein Ahlam, H. Ahmed and Maher, A. Al-Maqtari. PSM Biological Research.2017 │Volume 2│Issue 1│21-29.
- Ligational And Spectroscopic On Some SULFAMETHOXAZOLE Metal Complexes As Antimicriobial Agents. Yasmin M.S. Jamil, Maher Ali Al-Maqtari*and Mohammed K. Al-Qadasi. ejpmr, 2017,4(07), 95-105.
- Study of temperature and irradiation influence on the physicochemical properties of Aspirin. Hussein M. Al-Maydama*, Adlia A. Abduljabbar, Maher A. Al-Maqtari, Khalid M. Naji . Journal of Molecular Structure 1157 (2018) 364e373.
- Spectroscopic and Antibacterial Studies of Mixed Ligand Complexes of Transition Metal (II) Ions with Sulfadoxine and 1,10- Phenanthroline. Mohammed K. Al-Qadasy, Fathi M. Al-Azab, Maher A. Al-Maqtari*, Yasmin M.S. Jamil, Nedhal A. Al-selwi. PSM Biol. Res., 3(1): ( 2018) 16-28.
- Purification and Characterization of Proteolytic Enzymes from Local Yemeni Bean Seeds (Dolichos Lablab L.). Maher Ali Al.Maqtari,*, Khalid Mohammed Naji, and Lena Kassem Ali. J. Modern Sci. Eng. Vol.1, No.5 (2017) 8-13.
- Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activity of Mixed Transition Metal Complexes of pyrimethamine with 1,10-phenanthroline. Fathi M. Al-Azab, Yasmin M.S. Jamil, Maher A. Al.Maqtari, and Mohammed K. AlQadasy . J. Modern Sci. Eng. Vol.1, No.6 (2017) 9-21
- Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Study of Some 3d Metal Complexes o f paracetamol and 1,10- phenanthroline. Yasmin M.S. Jamil , Mohammed K. Al-Qadasy, Fathi M. Al-Azab, Maher A. Al-Maqtari*.Jordan Journal of chemistry Vol.13 No.2. 2018 ( Acceptance)
- Synthesis and Characterization of CoΙΙ, NiΙΙ and CuΙΙ Complexes with Mixed Ligands of Histidine and Urea . Fathi M. Al-Azab, Yasmin M. Jamil, Mohammed. K. Al-Qadasy, Maher A. AlMaqtari and Amani A. Al-Gaadbi. Jordan Journal of Chemistry.Vol.13.No. 3. 2018.pp 191-202.
- Isolation, Characterization, Distribution and Antifungal Sensitivity of Candida albicans from Oral Cancer Patients. Ebtesam Hassan Lutf Alhamzi, Maher Ali Al.Maqtari. PSM Microbiology.Vol.3. No.3. 2018. Pp82-92.
- Evaluation Of The Proximate Biochemical Composition Of SUN-DRIED FISH (WAZEF) IN YEMEN. Ebtisam F Shamsan* and Maher Ali Al.Maqtari. j . of king abdulazaz university ,marine scinces ( acceptance).
- Physicochemical and biological activity studies on complexes of some transition elements with mixed ligands of glycine and urea . Maher Ali AL-Maqtari1,*, Mohammed. Kassem AL-Qadasy, yasmin Mos’ad Jamil, Fathi Mohammed Al.-azab.Amani A Al.Gaadbi. Ecletica Quimica journal. Vol.43 No. 4. 2018. Pp 25-36.
- Synthesis, characterization and thermal degradation study of CoII,Ni II, and Cu II complexes with asparagine and urea as mixed –ligand. yasmin Mos’ad Jamil, Maher Ali AL-Maqtari. Fathi Mohammed Al.-azab. Mohammed. Kassem AL-Qadasy, Amani A Al.Gaadbi. Ecletica Quimica journal. Vol.43.No.4. 2018. Pp 11-24.