Fadel Abdul Karim Muhammad Al-Shuaibi
In my professional life, I taught some economics subjects, and I also held many government positions, and participated in many conferences, seminars and workshops, whether in the academic framework or anything related to the labor market or societal needs. I got many researches and scientifical and practical participations and I got many certificates of merit and honors.
Qualification specialization, degree, country of study, year of graduation
– Bachelor’s degree in economics, with honors, Sana’a / Yemen, 1987 AD
– Master’s degree in economics, very good, Republic of Egypt, 1997
– Doctorate in economics, international degree, Republic of Egypt, 2003 AD
- Undersecretary of the Ministry of Finance for the budget sector for the period from 2005 to 2013.
- Undersecretary of the Ministry of Finance for the Planning, Statistics and Follow-up Sector for the period from 2013 to 2015.
- First Undersecretary of the Ministry of finance and undersecretary for the planning sector for the period from the end of 2013 to the year 2014.
- Acting Deputy Minister of Finance in the second half of 2014.
- Acting Minister of Finance for the period from the end of 2014 to the end of 2015.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the General Corporation for Real Estate Development and Investment for the period from November 2015 to March 2019.
Participation through the budget and planning sectors of the Ministry of Finance in preparing and implementing the axes and elements of the public financial management reform strategy and the public finance modernization project in accordance with the Government Finance Statistics Manual issued by the International Monetary Fund for the year 2001 AD and recent international financial developments in this regard.
- Representing the Ministry of Finance in many bodies, banks, companies, funds and technical committees.
- Participate in the discussion with the missions of the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, regional and international organizations and donors on economic and financial issues.
- Participation in many internal and external conferences, seminars and workshops by preparing working papers – giving lectures – interventions – related to the economic, financial and monetary fields.
- Leading the team for preparing the state’s general budgets for the years (2005-2013).
- Participation in the preparation of strategies and plans for the public financial sector within the framework of national development strategies and plans.
- Preparing many reports related to the Ministry’s tasks.
- Conferences and Workshops:
Participation in the meetings of the Middle East and North Africa Budget Officials Forum
Egyptian Ministry of Finance Egypt 2008AD
Preparing macroeconomic policies (financial and monetary)
Abu Dhabi 2008 AD
Seminar entitled (Financial Forecasts and Budgeting) International Monetary Fund (METAC) Jordan 2010
Meeting to support dialogue between governments and civil society on the transparency of public budgets for the Middle East and North Africa region, the International Budget Partnership Organization and the Economic and Social Council
Conference and Program for Evaluating and Preparing Social Welfare Budgets (Social Safety Network) Social Welfare Fund in coordination with the World Bank
Participation in the training program specialized in preparing the general budget for senior government employees in the Middle East and North Africa, Basil Fleihan Financial and Economic Institute Lebanon 2011AD
Meeting on discussing the UNCTAD document on responsible sovereign finance, Islamic Development Bank + UNCTAD Saudi Arabia 2012 AD
A workshop on developing the educational vision in Yemen (defining the role, contribution and vision of the Ministry of Finance in this regard) The Supreme Council for Education Planning in coordination with the World Bank Tunisia 2012 AD
Participation in the evaluation of the activities of the Public Finance Modernization Project (pfmp) The World Bank Jordan 2012 AD
A workshop for the activities of drawing up plans for the framework of the development cooperation program The Ministry of Planning Turkey 2013AD
Public Financial Management Reform Abu Dhabi 2013
The most important participations in organizations, bodies and committees:
- Member of the Supreme Committee for State General Budgets.
- Vice-Chairman of the Technical Committee for the preparation of the state’s general budgets.
- Member of the Central Support Distribution Committee.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the General Authority for Agricultural Research and Extension.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Skills Development Fund.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Fund for the Care and Rehabilitation of the Disabled.
- A representative of the Ministry of Finance in the Yemeni Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- A representative of the Ministry of Finance in the National Tobacco and Matches Company.
- Member of the Supreme Council of Community Colleges.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Strategic Plan for Statistics.
- Member of the Public Finance Administration Reform Strategy Committee.
- Member of the Steering Committee for the Public Finance Modernization Project.
- Member of the Technical Committee for the General Census of Population, Housing and Establishments.
- Member of the Technical Committee for the preparation of the five-year plan for the public finance sector.
- Member of the Supervisory Committee to survey the family budget.
- Member of the technical team to align the plan and budgets.
- Member of the steering committee for analyzing the situation of children in Yemen (UNICEF).
- Member of the National Strategy Committee for Human Rights.
- Member of the main technical unit of the national strategy for wages and salaries at the Ministry of Civil Service and Insurance.
- Chairman of the Finance Committee of the Fourth Conference of Yemeni Expatriates.
- Member of the Technical Committee for Economic and Macro Indicators.
- Member of the Technical Committee for the Social Protection Monitoring Survey.
Research and scientific papers:
– Research about the partnership between the public sector and the private sector in the report of the Yemeni Center for Strategic Studies
– A working paper on foreign trade in the Businessmen Club
– A working paper on imbalances or deviations between the plan and budget indicators (causes and treatments) presented at the expanded meeting of the administrative leaders in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers