Mashaal Ahmed Abdullah Al-Refi
An Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics and Finance, Faculty of Commerce & Economics, Sana’a University. Currently I am the Dean of the Faculty of Commerce & Economics. I teach Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, Theory of Microeconomics and Econometrics for Bachelor Programs. I also teach Advanced Microeconomics and Advanced Econometrics for the MA Programs.
- D. in Economics, University of Pune, India, August 2009.
- MA in Economics, Outstanding Degree, 2nd Order, University of Pune, India, May 2004.
- Bachelor in Commerce, Economics, Outstanding with Honor Degree, 1st Order, Sana’a University, Yemen, 1996.
- The Dean of the Faculty of Commerce and Economics, Sana’a University.
- I Teach at Sana’a University, some subjects in Economics, i.e., Econometrics, Theory of Microeconomics, Money and Banking, Microeconomics Principles and Macroeconomics Principles.
- I work as a consultant for the Dar Al-Khebrah Center of Studies and Development.
- For the period 2015-2017, I was a member of the Administrative Body of Sana’a University’s Academic Syndicate, the freedoms and rights responsible, and then the financial responsible of the Syndicate.
- During the period 2014-2017, I worked as the Academic Director of the Faculty of Commerce & Economics, Sana’a University.
- The Head of Level 2 Control, Faculty of Commerce & Economics, Sana’a University, for the Period 2010-2011.
- A Teacher Assistant, Sana’a University, for the Period1998-2001.
- A specialist in investment, Feasibility Studies, at Yemeni Industrial Bank, for the Period 1996-1997.
- Vice Chairman of Yemeni Students Association in India, for the Period 2006-2007.
- Qualified in English Language, Speaking and Writing, “Ph.D. and MA study was in English Medium, beside many Courses in English at Yemeni American Institute”.
- Skilled in using computer and several statistical, mathematical and Econometric Software Programs.
Conferences and Workshops:
- ‘The Market Distortions in the Yemeni Economy’, a Research Paper for the Program of the General Discussion about the Links between Economic and Political Reforms in Yemen, A workshop held by Human Rights Information and Training Center (HRITC), March 2013.
- ‘The Economic Challenges before Yemen’, a Research Paper presented in a symposium held by the Center of the Strategic and Political Researches and Studies, Sana’a, 2014.
- ‘The Motives and Prospectives of positioning Yemen under Chapter VII by the 2140 Resolution of Security Council’, a Research Paper presented to a symposium held by the Center of the Strategic and Political Researches and Studies, Sana’a, 2014.
- ‘The Implications of Economic Development and Fiscal Policy in t Imam Ali’s Letter to Malik Al-Ashtar ’ , a Research Paper presented in the “Progression of the Administrative Work” Scientific Conference held by the Higher Education Circle, Sana’a, 2018.
- ‘The Economic Blockade against Yemen: the Actual Government Reaction and the Should-Be Confrontation’, a research paper for the workshop held by the Yemeni Presidency Office, February 2018.
Research and scientific papers:
- The Ph.D. Research: ‘An Analysis of the Sources of Economic Growth in Yemen, with Special Reference to the Distributive Impact, for the Period 1984-2003’
All the Papers and Researches submitted to the conferences and workshops that mentioned above have not been published yet.