Bashir Ahmed Mohammed Al-Ofairi
Name: Bashir Ahmed Mohammed Al-Ofairi,
Date of birth: 16th May1974, Nationality: Yemeni, Sex: Male, Address: Sana’a -Assir-Yemen,
Marital status: Married, kids: Four boys.
Language proficiency: Arabic (Native language), English: Reading (Excellent), Writing (Excellent), Listening (Excellent) and Speaking (Excellent), Computer Skills: Microsoft Office:( Excellent)
Work in: Department of Biological Sciences -Section of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University, Sana’a City, Yemen.
Bashir Ahmed Mohammed Al-Ofairi, Ph.D in Medical Microbiology and Immunology-2009, Ain Shams University, Egypt, Associate Professor in Medical Microbiology and Immunology-2019- Department of Biological Sciences, Section of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University, Sana’a City, Yemen
Ph.D in Medical Microbiology and Immunology(Virology and Immunology)2009, Ain Shams University, Egypt
Ph.D Thesis: A Study of Innate and Adaptive Immune Response in β-Thalassemic Patients with Hepatitis C Virus Infection.
M. Sc in Medical Microbiology and Immunology (Virology and Immunology) 2002, Baghdad University, Iraq.
M.Sc Thesis: A Study of Lymphocyte Transformation Capacity and Phagocytosis Activity in Patients with Hepatitis B.
B. Sc in Microbiology- 1997. Baghdad University, Iraq.
BSc. Project: Microbiological and Chemical study of Vinegar Production.
2019 -Now Lecturer (Ph.D. Associate Professor), Biological department, Section of Microbiology-Faculty of Science, Sana’a University, Yemen.
2019 – Now Coordinator of Quality Control Unit in Biological department, Faculty of science, Sana’a University, Yemen.
2014 -2019 Lecturer (Ph.D. Assistant Professor) in Biological department, Section of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University, Yemen.
2012-2014 Head of Medical Microbiology department, Faculty of Science, IBB University, Yemen.
2009-2012 Lecturer (Ph.D. Assistant Professor) in Medical Microbiology department, Faculty of science, IBB University, Yemen.
2006-2009 Ph.D. Researcher in Microbiology departments, Faculty of Science, Ain shams University, Egypt.
2003-2006 Lecturer (M.Sc.) in Medical Microbiology Department, Faculty of Science, IBB University, Yemen.
Conferences and Workshops:
- Al-Ofairi, B. A. and Al-Falahy, Y. (2015). The Adaptive Immune Response in Patients with Chronic HBV/HCV Co-infection, P06, Page .10., Singapore Hepatitis Conference “Advanced in Hepatitis”Treatment Strategies to eradicate HBV and HCV , 5-6JuneSuntec Singapore , 2015.
- Al-Ofairi, B. A. , Al-Falahy, Y., Mohammed, G., Al-Khalidy, N. (2014) . Cellular and Humoral Immune Response in Iraqi Patients with Hepatitis B Infection, Journal of clinical and Experimental Hepatology, Vol.4, No. S2:S6-S29, 22nd conference of Indian National Association for study of the liver (INASL),28th to 30th Marriot Hotel, Jaipur, India, 2014.
- Al-Ofairi, B. A. , El-Sayed, M.H., Shehata, I.H., Barakat, A.B., Al- Ghanem, H. D (2013).Cellular Adaptive Immune Status in Egyptian Thalassemic Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection, 23rd conference of the Asian Pacific Association for the Study of Liver (APASL),6th -10th June, Singapore , 2013.
- Al-Ofairi, B. A. , Al-Falahy, Y., Mohammed, G., Al-Khalidy, N. (2011). Stimulation Index of peripheral blood lymphocytes in Patients with Hepatitis B. Hepatology International; PP03-40,5:3-558.,21st conference of the Asian Pacific Association for the Liver, Bangkok, Thailand, 2011.
- El-Sayed, M.H., Al-Ofairi, B.A., Shehata, I.H., Barakat, A.B., Al- Ghanem, H. (2008). Natural Killer and Natural Killer T Cells in Thalassemic patients with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection, Journal of Hepatology; Vol. 48, Suppl 2, Page S273. 43rd meeting conference of the European Association for the study the Liver (EASL), Milan, Italy, April 23-27 , 2008.
Research and Scientific papers:
- Al-Ofairi, B. A*1 , Humaid, A. A2, Al-Huthaifi, A.M3 (2020) Serum HBe Ag and HBV DNA Markers among Different Stages of Chronic Hepatitis B Patients in Sana’a City, Yemen, International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology; Volume 5, Issue 3:625-634.
- Enas F Al-Awadhi1, Saleh Bahaj2, Basher AlOferi1, Abeer Esmail3, Saad Al-Arnoot1(2020) Helicobacter pylori Infection among Patients with Type II Diabetes Mellitus, Journal of Diabetes, Metabolic Disorders & Control; 7(2):53‒56.
- Abdul Rahman A. Humaid1, Al-Ofairi B. A.2 and Al-Khaledi Y. S. 3 (2020(Prevalence of Cytomegalovirus Antibody among Patients with Type1 Diabetes Mellitus in Aden City-Yemen, EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL AND MEDICAL RESEARCH; 7(4), 89-93.
- Ali Ahmed Alhadheq1, Adam Dawoud Abaker2, Basher Alofairy3 ) 2019) Hepatitis C Virus infection in the Yemen: Mini Review (1993-2018), European Academic Research; Vol. VII, Issue 5:2739-2749.
- Ali Al-Hatheq1, Adam Dawoud Abakar2, Bashir Al-Ofairi3 (2019) Sero-Prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus Infections among Blood Donors and Clinical Visitors in Amran Governorate, Yemen, European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research; 6(9), 69-73.
- Al-Ofairi, B . A. 1, AlGanady, A.S. 2, Brooq, E.M.3, Al-Duois, T.H.3, Howerth, Z.A.3, Mokaram, S.A.3, Khoshafah, S.M.3 (2018) The Outcome of Urinary Tract Infections among Diabetes Mellitus Patients in Ibb City, Yemen. PSM Biol. Res.; 3(2): 61- 69.
- Al-Jendy, A.S. 1, Al-Ofairi, B. A. 2, Al-Ganady, M.H. 3 (2018) Study of Pathogenic Bacterial Isolates from Patients with Skin Infections and their susceptibility to Antibiotics in Some Hospitals in Taiz City-Yemen. International Journal of Medical Science; 1(2):25-39.
- Al-Jendy, A.S.1, Al-Ofairi, B. A. 2(2018) The Bacterial Pathogens of Patients with Urinary Tract Infections and Antibiotics Susceptibility in Taiz Governorate –Yemen. Al-Mustansiriya Journal of Science.; 29(4):56-66.
- Al-Ofairi, B. A.1, Nagi , N.A.2, Nagi , S.A.2, Al-Tawil, M.T.2, Saif , W.A.2(2017) Otitis Media in Children: Identification and Antibiotics Sensitivity of Bacterial Pathogens in Ibb City, Yemen. PSM Microbiol.; 2(3): 51-58.