MAYSOON AL ZUBAIRY
Assistant Professor of Microbiology
Address: Faculty of Sciences, Sana’a University, Old University.
– Young Ambassador of American Society of Microbiology (ASM), Yemen 2020.
– Member of management of Yemeni Society for Microbiology.
– Member of Social Committee of Management of Female
Academicians Forum Sana’a University.
– Member in Supervision Committee of Yemeni Biosafety and Biosecurity Association.
– Member in American Society for Microbiology.
- Arabic (Mother language)
- English (Very good).
- Ph. D.: Microbiology, Microbiology Section, Biology Department, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University. 2009
- Sc.: Microbiology, Microbiology Section, Biology Department, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University 2008-2006.
- Advanced English Language Courses: Scientific Institute for Girls, Sana’a, Yemen.
- M.Sc. Preliminary Year, (88.25%), in Microbiology, Biology Department- Faculty of Science, Sana’a University- Sana’a, Yemen.2004-2005
- B.Sc. (84.91%) in Biology Department, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University, 1998-2001
General Biology /Microbial analysis, apparatus & techniques. /Mycology. /Advanced Mycology. /Advanced Microbial Physiology. /Medical Microbiology /Botany /General Microbiology Protozoology.
Biology /Cell Biology. /Microbial analysis, apparatus & techniques. /Industrial Microbiology / Microbial Ecology /Soil Microbiology /Microbial Genetics /Biological Resistance.
Supervision on many graduation researches and master thesis in Biology Department, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University.
- Biology Department, Faculty of Science and Faculty of Dentistry, Sana’a University- Assistant Professor (2015– now).
- Biology Department, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University- Head of Microbiology Section (2017-2019).
- Al Razi University, Lecturer (2011-2015).
- OMV Yemen Exploration & Production Ltd.-Biologist (October, 2010).
- Biology Department, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University- Demonstrator (2009-2014).
- Environment Protection Authority, Sana’a, Yemen- Trainee (2003).
- Very good experience in extraction of purification and separation of antimicrobial agents.
- Very good experience in different fields of microbiology including:
- Actinomycetes identification, enzymatic activity, biological control,…….etc.
- Very good experience in the identification of fungi, extraction of aflatoxins and other applied microbiology.
- Good computer skills (Windows, Microsoft office, Internet, Chemo office & TISee computer program).
- Ability to grasp and learn quickly with great talent to enhance what was acquired.
- ASM workshop on scientific writing and publishing, April-2013, Sana’a Yemen. The American Society of Microbiology.
- Global Bio-risk management Curriculum courses, June- 2013, Amman, Jordan. Sandia National Laboratories.
- The culture of responsibility: Biological safety, May- 2014, Sana’a, Yemen. The American Society of Microbiology and Faculty of Science, Sana’a University.
- Lecturer at ASM workshop on Collection specimen management and clinical relevance, April- 2016, Sana’a Yemen. The American Society of Microbiology, Faculty of International for medical Sciences and Faculty of Science, Sana’a, Yemen.
- Microbiology program specification workshops April and August 2016, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University.
- Re-emerging of Infectious Diseases in Yemen, July, 2019, Sana’a, Yemen. The American Society of Microbiology.
- Bio-risk Management Training for Public and Animal Health Laboratories, October, 2019, Amman, Jordan. The eastern Mediterranean Public Health Network (EMPHNET) and Princess Haya Biotechnology Center (PHBC).
- Laboratory Emergency and Preparedness Response Training for Yemeni Life Scientists, October, 2019. American Society of Microbiology and Riskren.
- Participant in at First Laboratory Medicine Conference- Yemen, 11-13, January 2020.
- Trainer at Bio-risk Management Workshop, 18-22 January 2020. National Center of Public Health Laboratories.
- Member in Academic Qualification of Microbiology section for Microbiology program specification, Biology Department, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University
- Trainer in the private Health sector program for health workers to face Coronavirus (Covid 19) about 449 trainees in 81 private hospitals, 13 April- 4 May 2020.
Articles & Research:
- Contamination of drinking water in Sana’a City with coliform (Graduation project).
- Isolation of Thiobacillus species from hot springs in Damat City (in M.Sc. Preliminary Year in Microbiology).
- Detection of Extracellular Enzymes Produced by Fungi Isolated from Dried Fruits. Thamar University Journal of Natural & Applied Sciences 2009 A (1) 01-10.
- Mycoflora and Total Aflatoxin Isolated from Dry Dates in Sana’a, Yemen. Thamar University Journal of Natural & Applied Sciences 2009 A (1) 1119.
- Fungal contamination and aflatoxins content of raisins in Sana’a City, Republic of Yemen. Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research 26 (112): 4148 (2008).
- Mycological study on skin diseases in Taiz City, Yemen. Journal of Environmental Studies. 15:59-66. (2016).
- Characterization of an oligosaccharide isolated from Streptomyces californicus with antibacterial activity against Erwinia carotovora carotovora (under press).