Elham Ameen shukri Al-shibani
Name: Elham Ameen shukri Al-shibani
Profession: Associate prof. in Sana’a University, Faculty of Science
(Embryology and Histology)
Address : Sana’a Yemen
Email: el. Alshaibani @ su.edu.ye
Summary: (A brief profile Summary of the faculty member at least 3 lines)
Recently, I am working as lecturer (Associate Professor) at Biological Sciences Department- zoology section, majored in Embryology and Histology. As a graduated from Biology department (Biology – Chemistry) I have worked as a Demonstrator at Sana’a University – Faculty of Science – Biology Department . Then, I have prepared post graduate, Master, in Zoology (Embryology). After that, I have finished the PhD degree with Zoology (Embryology and Histology). More Importantly, I have been Supervising various Master’s, PhD’s theses and graduated projects in Zoology field, especially the Embryology field. I occupied the position, a head of Zoology section (2011-2012) then,a head of Biology department, in the period of ( 2012 – 2015).
– B.sc. degree in biology, faculty of science, Sana’a University 1992
– Master degree in biology (zoology) faculty of science, Sana’a University
“Study the effect of chat on fertilization and mortality in pregrency rabbits)
– PhD in (zoology) embryology, faculty of science, Sana’a University
“The effect of Harpago as anti-inflammatory activity in the development of chick embryo”
– Demonstrator in biology (zoology) faculty of science, Sana’a University
– Assistant lecturer in biology (zoology) faculty of science, Sana’a University
– Assistant prof. in biology (zoology) faculty of science, Sana’a University
-Associate prof. in biology (zoology) faculty of science, Sana’a University
- ICDL 2006 (power point, word, internet, typing, excel……)
- Head of Zoology section – Biology Department (2011-2012)
- Head of Biology Department Faculty of Science (2012 – July 2015)
- Chairman of the Syndicate Committee at the Faculty of Science (2012-present)
- Member of the Administrative Board of the Yemeni Biological Sciences Society (2012 – currently).
- Member of the Yemeni Women’s Association for Science and Technology for Development – Women’s Organization for Science in the Developing Countries.
- Chairman of the Biology Program Preparation Committee in the Biological Science Department – Faculty of Science – Sana’a University, April 2020
Conferences and Workshops:
– Participated in the science conference Oct. 14-17, 2003 saiun, Yemen.
– Participated in the science conference Oct. 11-13, 2004 Sana’a, Yemen.
– Work shop in biodiversity in the middle east ,Dec.2006 Tehran ,Iran ) funded by DAD)
– Training course in electron microscopy, March, 22-27, 2008, Assuit University, Egypt.
– Training course “University Teaching”
-A workshop on “Self-Assessment and Program Specifications” during the period 29-30 July 2009 – British Council.
– Information Technology and Skills Acquisition Course (Sana’a University) – 10/7-15/9/2007
-Training Course “Qualitative Research Techniques and Skills from a Gender Perspective” (Sana’a University) – 20-22/2007
-Workshop “Self-Assessment and Program Specifications” – British Council-29-30/7-2009
– Participation in (Mastery Project) and Academic Education Development Center – Sana’a University – during the period (2007-2010).
-The 8th Scientific Conference of the Yemeni Life Sciences Society (Hodeidah University) 5-6/November 2013 –
– The 9th Scientific Conference of the Yemeni Life Sciences Society (Ibb University) August 2014
– Participation in the “First Quality Week” workshop – Academic Development and Quality Assurance Center. (Sana’a University) February 23-27 2014
– Work shop “Responsible Science and Safe Laboratory Practices at Sana’a University” December, 29-30 /2014
– Participation in the workshop “Introduction to Biological Risk Management” General Veterinary Laboratory (Sana’a) February 23-25, 2015
– A training course in statistical analysis using the SPSS program22/10- 2017.
-Participation in the “Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives” workshop of the Faculty of Science and its departments, March 11-14, 2020.-
– participating in the preparation of the Biology Program – Department of Biological Sciences – Faculty of Science 3/14/2020.
Research and scientific papers:
- Elham A.Al-shaibani and Abdulwali M.Al-aghbari (2004): Anti-fertility effect of dietry fresh khat(CATHA EDULIS) on male and female of rabbits. Faculity of science pulletin 17:1-17.
- Zaki,T.zaki; Mohamed,I.rady;El-yamani,H.El-zawahiry and Elham Al-shaibani (2008): hepatic and renal histological and histopathological changes induced by dimethoate and the protective role of vitamin E and/ or pollen grain in male rats.Al-Azher Bull.Sci.(AISC’08) 273-288.
- Mohameed,I , rady and Elham S. Al- shaibani (2006): Some effects of the analgesic Herpago on chick embryos development; 72 hours stage. Al-azhar Med.J. 35(1):67-78.
- Elham A.Al-shaibani,Nadia ,H,Ismail, Omaima-S.-Essa, Mohamed,I.rady and Zaki,T.zaki(2009):Tratological effects of Gamma-irradiation during three gestational intervals in rats.Egy.J, of Hospital Medicine.Vol.,36:456-467
- Alghalibi, S. M. S.; Humaid, A.A.; Alshaibani, E. A. S. and Alhamzy, E. H. L (2011) Microorganisms Associated With Burn Wound Infection in Sana’a, Yemen. Egypt. Acad. J. biolog. Sci., 3(1): 19-25
- Elham A. S. Al- Shaibani , Ateeq M. J. Alarami , Mohammed S. A. Al-Awar , Elias M. A. Salih and Mohammed A.Y.Al-Eryani(2013) Antioxidant protective effect of vitamin E in penicillin and streptomycin-induced hepatotoxicity in guinea pig .ARPN Journal VOL. 8, NO. 7,
- Mohammed S.A.Al-Awar, Elham A. S. AL- Shaibani, Elias M.A.Salih, Mohammed A.Y.Al-Eryani (2013) The Protective Effect of Nabk Honey Against Pathological Effects of Penicillin and Streptomycin on Histological Structure and Functions of Guinea pigs Liver. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol. 3 (4 Suppl 1), pp. S1-S6. http://www.japsonline.com
- Elham A. S. AL- Shaibani, Mohammed S. A. Al-Awar, Fatma M. H. Shediwah, Mohammed A. Y. Al-Eryani, Elias M. A. Salih(2013) Effect of antioxidant vitamins A, C and E on lipid profile level of guinea pigs injected by streptomycin Faculty of Science Bulletin, 25 :83-93
- Aziz S. Dobaian, Nada A. Hassan, Elham AL- Shaibani and Nabil A. Al-shwafi (2014)comparative study of acute toxicity of crude oil ,dispersant and crude oil with the dispersant around “Jazirat Al-Aommal”in Aden-Yemen by using bivalves (pitar rudis ) as bio indicator Univ.AdenJ.Nat.Appl.Sc.Vol.18 No.3 December 2014
- Mohammed A.Y. Al-Eryani , Fatma M. H. Shediwah , Mohammed S.A. Al-Awar , Elias M.A. Salih , Elham A. S. AL- Shaibani (2014) The Ability of Vitamin A, Alone or in Combination with Vitamins C and E in Ameliorating the Side Effects of Penicillin and Streptomycin on Hepatic Damage in Guinea Pig Jordan Journal of Life Biological Sciences. In Volume 7, Number 2
- Fatma M. H. Shediwah , Mahmoud A. Moghalles , Adel. A. A. Muagebc, Elias M. A. Salih , Mohammed A.Y.El-Eryani , Elham A. S. AL- Shaibani and Mohammed S.A.Al-Awar (2014) The Hepatoprotective Effect of Selenium on Dimethoate-induced Hepatotoxicity in Adult Male Rabbits.International Journal of Science Innovations and Discoveries(IJSID) 4 (1), 79-88
- Elham AL- Shaibani Aziz S.Dobaian, Nada A.Hassan and Nabil A. Al-shwafi (2015)Digestive gland altration in Biovalves(Tivela ponderosa) exposed to mareb crude oil dispersed oil with dispersant ,dispersal (Histological study) Univ.AdenJ.Nat.Appl.Sc.Vol.19 No.2-Augast 2015.
- Nada A.Hassan , Ebtisam Y. Shikoo, Abdul R.Thabet and Elham A. S. AL Shaibani (2015) The efficiency of Thymus leavigatus extract on the penconazole toxicity in some rabbit tissue. European journal of Biology Research ,5(1) 9-16
- Nada A.Hassan ,Aziz S.Dobaian, Elham A. S. AL- Shaibani Nabil A. Al-Shwafi (2016)Effect of mareb crude oil,dispersed oil and dispersant (OSD)on filtration rates of the calms Tivela ponderosa under laboratory condition. European journal of Biology Research ,6(1)42-49
- Khalid Mohammed Naji , Elham Shukri Al-Shaibani , Fatima A. Alhadi , Safa’a Abdulrzaq Al-Soudi and Myrene R. D’souza (2017) Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effects of single clove garlic against CCl4-induced hepatic damage in rabbits. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 17:1-12
- Nada M. H. Al-Hamdani , Ameen M. H. Ali , Bushra Y. H. Al-Khatib , Elham Shukri Al-Shaibani ( 2020) The Effect of Bromocriptine on the Liver of Immature Female Rats. PSM Biological Research 5(1): 30-39
- Nada M. H. Al-Hamdani ., Elham A. S. Al-Shaibani.,Hussein S. Gumaih ( 2021) Effect of Acute Dose of Aloe vacillans Leaves Gel Extract on The Liver and Kidney in Adult Rats. Al-Razi university Journal of medical science 5 (1)