SAEED MUNASSAR SAEED AL-GHALEBI
- Place & Date of Birth: Yemen (Lahj) Sept. 9, 1962.
- Nationality: Yemeni
- Permanent Address: Biology Department. Faculty of Science, Sana’a University. Sana’a , Republic of Yemen B.O. Box: 12317
- Telephone: Home: 00967-1-384526
- Martial status: Married (6 children)
|Degree||University||Country||Year||Field of Specialization|
|PH. D.||Assiut University||Egypt||2000||Microbiology (Medical Microbiology)|
|M. Sc.||Sana’a University||Yemen||1995||Microbiology (Mycology)|
|B. Sc.||Kuwait University||Kuwait||1985||Microbiology|
* Academic Positions:
|Title||From – To||University||Country|
|Professor||March 2011 till now||Sana’a University||Yemen|
|Associated Professor||Jan. 2006 – Feb 2011||Sana’a University||Yemen|
|Assistant Professor||Aug. 2000 – Dec. 2005||Sana’a University||Yemen|
|Lecturer||Aug. 1995 – May 2000||Sana’a University||Yemen|
|Demonstrator||Mar. 1991- Aug. 1995||Sana’a University||Yemen|
* Vice Dean of Academic and Postgraduate studies Faculty of science, Sana’a University (2019 till now).
* Head of Biology Department, Faculty of science, Sana’a University (Aug. 2005-Aug 2008).
* Supervisor of In Process Quality Control Lab. (Chemistry and Microbiology), Kuwait Pharmaceutical Industrial Co. (KPICO), Kuwait (1985-1990).
* Membership of Professional Societies
- Member of Yemeni Biological Society from 2000 till now.
- Member of Applied and Basic Mycology Society (from 2010 till now), Egypt.
- Member of American Society for Microbiology (57004913).
- Member of Yemeni Society for Microbiology.
- Member of Yemeni Society for Biosafety and Biosecurity.
* Computer Skills:
Word (Microsoft 1998, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010), Excel, Power Point, Access.
– ICDL4: computer certificate
- 6 Jan.- 28 March 1986: Three month training in Verona, Italy in the field of Microbiological & Chemical analysis of Pharmaceutical Drugs, Verona, Italy.
- 9-17 April 1986: a training program in Quality Control and Good Manufacturing Practice. Sweden.
- 1 Dec. 1987 to 31 May 1988: Six month training in Kuwait, in the field of Quality control. Inspection- Supervision, Kuwait.
- 1-6 April 2000: A training course in Electron Microscopy (Techniques & Interpretation), Electron Microscope Unit, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt.
- 24-29 Mar. 2001: The first training programs on identification of genus Aspergillus and its species that spoilage food. Assiut Mycological Center. Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt.
- 15-17 Jan. 2005: training program on the innovative methods for teaching science at the university level. Under supervision of UNESCO Cairo office and ISESCO, Sana’a, Yemen.
- 8-12 May 2005: Advanced training program on recent techniques for identification of bacteria. Collaboratively organized by Cairo MIRCEN, Ain Shams University, and UNESCO office, Cairo, Egypt.
- 12-16 Nov. 2007: Training program on preparing lectures by Power Point, in Sana’a University, Yemen.
- 12-29 May 2008: Workshop on Development and Evaluation of High Studies Programs in Faculty of Science. Sana’a University, Sana’a, Yemen.
- 3-9 June 2008: Training program on Research Management and Academic management, organized by Ministry of Higher Education & Amsterdam University Holland.
- 10-29 Sept 2008: Training Program for commodity Inspection & Quarantine Officials of Developing Countries. Changzhou, Republic of China.
- 2007-2013: Seven work shop on Development and Evaluation of Biology Courses in Faculty of education and Faculty of Science. Yemen.
- May 2014: Biosafety and Biosecurity of Chemical labs. Adan, American Society of Chemistry and Yemeni Society of Chemistry.
- 21 Dec. 2017: Specific workshop on Biosafety and Biosecurity of Medical Laboratories. Thamar, Yemen.
CONFERENCES & SCIENTIFIC SYMPOSIUMS:
- 29 Sept. – 1 Oct. 1999: The Second International Conference on Fungi: Hopes & Challenges. Cairo, Egypt.
- 8-11 Nov. 2000: 7th International Conference of Arab Biologyist. Mansoura University, Egypt.
- 11-13 Oct. 2001: Science Conference 2001, Sana’a,Yemen Scientific Research Foundation (YSRF). Sana’a, Republic of Yemen.
- 26-28 Mar. 2002: The International Conference for Development and the Environment in the Arab World, AssiutUniversity, Assiut, Egypt.
- 11-13 Oct. 2002: Science Conference 2002, Taiz, Yemen Scientific Research Foundation (YSRF). Taiz, Republic of Yemen. (Presented a paper).
- 6-8 May 2003: The Second conference on Environment and Natural Resources held in Taiz University, Taiz, Republic of Yemen (Presented a paper).
- 11-13 Oct. 2003: Science Conference 2002, Seiyun, Yemen Scientific Research Foundation (YSRF). Seiyun, Republic of Yemen. (Presented a paper).
- Oct 2003: The First Scientific Symposium of the Yemeni Biological Society. Seiyun. Yemen.
- 23-25 March 2004: The second International Conference for Development and the Environment in the Arab World, AssiutUniversity, Assiut, Egypt.
- 11-13 Oct. 2004: Science Conference 2004, Sana’a, Yemen Scientific Research Foundation (YSRF). Sana’a, Republic of Yemen.
- Oct 2004: The Second Scientific Symposium of the Yemeni Biological Society. Sana’a. Yemen.
- 22-24 Feb. 2005: The first workshop of Assessment and Development of Sana’a University Courses. Sana’a University, Sana’a, Yemen.
- 15-18 April 2005: The first Environmental International Conference of Al-Minia University. AlMinia University, Egypt.
- 19-24 Nov. 2005: The 12th International conference of Arab Biologists. Hodeidah University, Yemen.
- 28-29 Nov. 2005: Third Scientific Symposium of Yemeni Biological Society. Sana’a, Yemen.
- 21-22 Dec. 2005: The first Scientific Symposium of Chemistry & Industry, Sana’a , Yemen.
- 21-23 March 2006: The third International Conference for Development and Environment in the Arab World. Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt.
- 16-18 April 2007: The Regional Conference and the Scientific Exhibition on the Medicinal, Aromatic and Poisonous Plants. Sana’a University, Sana’a Yemen.
- 6-8 May 2007: The Fourth conference on Environment and Natural Resources held in Taiz University, Taiz, Republic of Yemen.
- 14-15 Nov. 2007: The Fourth conference of Yemeni Biological Society. Adan University, Adan, Yemen.
- 18-20 March 2008: The Fourth International Conference for Development and Environment in the Arab World. King Saud University, Raid, Saudi Arabia.
- 22-23 Nov. 2008: The Fifth conference of Yemeni Biological Society. Hudramot University, Al-Mokala, Yemen.
- 18-20 March 2009: International conference on Honey. King Saud University, Saudi Arabia.
- 14-15 Nov 2009: The Sixth conference of Yemeni Biological Society. Taiz University, Taiz, Yemen.
- 21-24 March 2010: The fourth Scientific Saudi conference. Taibh University, Al-Madinah Almonwarh, Saudi Arabia.
- 20-21 Aug. 2010: The Seventh conference of Yemeni Biological Society. Sanaa University, Sanaa, Yemen.
- 24-26 March 2012: The Sixth International Conference for Development and Environment in the Arab World. Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt.
- 20-21 May 2017: Scientific conference for medical labs. Sanaa, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Sanaa University, Yemen.
- 7-9 July 2018: The first International Scientific Conference on Environment and Health. Sanaa , Yemen
- Undergraduate Courses
- General Biology 1&2. (For Science and Education students)
- Mycology (For Science and Education students)
- Food and Water Microbiology.
- Plant Diseases
- Graduate Courses (Master Degree):
- Advanced Bacteriology.
- Advanced Mycology.
- Advanced Medical Microbiology.
- Advanced Food and Water Microbiology.
VII. SUPERVISION OF POST-GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECTS:
- 37 M Sc. Thesis (5 Co-supervisor + 32 main supervisor) Sana’a University, Yemen.
- 2 M.Sc. Thesis (Main Supervisor) Adan University, Yemen.
- 11 Ph. D. Thesis (7 Co- supervisor and 4 main supervisor) Sana’a University, Yemen.
- 1 Ph.D. thesis (C0-supervisor ) with Damayat University, Egypet.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
- Moharram, A.M.; Abdel-Kader, M.I.; Al-Hussaini, A.K. and Alghalibi, S.M. (1999): Studies on Mycotic Keratitis in Assiut Governorate. Proceeding of the Second International Conference on Fungi: Hopes and Challenges. Cairo 29th – 1st Oct. 1999. Vol.1:133-146.
- Al-Hussaini, A.K.; Ahmad M. Moharram; Mohammed I. Abdel-Kader, and Saeed M. Alghalibi; (2000): Extracellular enzymes and toxins produced by fungi isolated from human corneal infections. The Egyptian Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, 6(1):5-14.
- Al-Hussaini, A.K.; Saeed M. Alghalibi; Mohammed I. Abdel-Kader, and Ahmed M. Mohamed (2002): The spectrum of bacterial and fungal keratitis in Southern Egypt. Cataract & Cornea, 8 (Feb.): 5-9.
- Salah, S. Y.; Abu-Ghadir, A.; Awad, A.N. and Alghalibi, S.M. (1999): Apitherapy in Treatment of Resistant Corneal Ulcers. Bull Ophthalmol. Soc. Egypt, 92(6):1099-1104.
- El-Zayat, A.; Moharram, A.M. and Alghalibi, S.M. (2000): Studies on Fungal External Otitis in Aswan, Egypt. Journal Union Arab Biologist. 9B Nov.: 13-23.
- Alghalibi, S.M.S. (2001): Keratinophilic Fungi and Other Moulds Recovered from Sheep Wool in Yemen. Fac. Sci. Assiut Univ. 30(1-D):147-155.
- Alghalibi, S.M.S. (2001): Fungi Aassociated with Sediment Dust Particles in Sana’a City, Yemen. Fac. Sci. Sana’a Univ. (FSB). 14:125-134.
- Alghalibi, S.M.S. (2002): Toxicity Effect of Some Chemical Detergents on the Count of Mesophylic and Halophylic Soil Fungi. Fac. Sci. Sana’a Univ.(FSB). 15: 111-121.
- Al-Hussaini, A.K.; Saeed M. Alghalibi; Mohammed I. Abdel-Kader, and Tarek A. Ali (2002): Non-ocular lenses-related bacterial keratitis in a rural Egyptian population, etiology and treatment. Saudi Journal of Ophthalmology 16(3):186-194.
- EL-Fattah, H.A.; Nasser Awadh; Ramzi Mothana; Sabie Rafa Adin and Saeed M. Alghalibi (2002): Chemical and Biological investigation of three Rumex species growing in Yemen. Yemen Medical Journal, 4(2):32-42.
- Alghalibi, S.M.S. (2003): Prevalence of Dermatophytosis in Sana’a city, Yemen. Yemeni J. Science. 4(2): 1-10.
- Abdulrahman, S. Aldubaie; Saeed M. S. Alghalibi; Abdu M. Mahdy and Abdulrahman M. Shater (2003): Antibacterial activity of some Yemeni medicinal plants. Proceeding of the Second Conference on Environment and natural Resources Taiz-6-8 May. 188-195.
- Alghalibi, S.M. and Abdel-Rahman Shatar (2004): Mycoflora and Mycotoxin Contamination of some Dried Fruits in Yemen, Assiut University Bulletin for Environmental Researches. 7(2): Oct.19-27.
- Alghalibi, S.M. (2004): Inhibitory effect of three Yemeni medicinal plants on growth and aflatoxin production by Aspergillus flavus. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 27 (2): 115-124.
- El-Shekeil, A.; Al-Khader, M.; Alghalibi, S.M. and Dheya A. Ali (2004): Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some new derivatives of 2,5-Dimercapto-1,3,4-Thiadiazole. Faculty of Science Bulletin (FSB). 17: 37-49.
- Al-Zubeiry, A. H. S., Saeed M.S. Alghalibi and Samira Al-Anisy (2004): Microflora Associated With Normal Eyes And Eye Infection Diseases In Taiz Governorate, Republic Of Yemen. Fac. Sci. Assiut Univ. 33(2-D):173-182.
- Abdulrahman S. Al-Dubaie; Saeed M.S. Alghalibi; Abdu M. Mahdy and Mohamed A. Al-Aboud (2005): Antimicrobial Activity of Propolis Ethanol Extract. Faculty of Science Bulletin Sana’a Univ. 18:
- Al-Medhagi, A.K.; Al-Sallami, A.; Alghalibi, S.M.; Al-Moyed, K.A. (2005): Isolation of Staphylococcus aureus from a popular cheese in Yemen. Bulletin of High Institute of Health. 35(1): 181-186.
- Saeed M. S. Alghalibi; Ahmed Al-Jaufy and Ebtesam Al-Moayad (2007): Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection among Pregnant Women in Sana’a City-Yemen. Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research, 25(1/2):23-31.
- AL- Hakimi, A M A; Saeed M.S. Al-ghalibi (2007): Thiamin and salicylic acid as biological alternatives for controlling broad bean rot disease. Saudi J. of Biological Scienc. 14(2): 207-215.
- Saeed M. S. Alghalibi; Ramzi A. A. Mothana; Ahmed Al-Jaufy and Ebtesam Al Moayad (2007): Antibacterial activity of some medicinal plant extracts against bacteria isolated from women with urinary tract infection. Faculty of Science Bulletin Sana’a Univ. 20(Oct.):1-8.
- Saeed M. S. Alghalibi and Al-Haifi Mohammed Ahssan (2007): Dimethoate and Omethoate Residues in the Soil of Zendan Valley and its Effect on Soil Fungal and Bacterial Population. Sana’a University Journal of Science & Technology, 4(1):A(9-22)
- Saeed M. S. Alghalibi; Mohammed Goma’a Battah and Maysoon Abdulrahman Al-Zubairy (2008): Fungal contamination and aflatoxins content of dry raisins fruits in Sana’a City-Yemen. Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research, 26(1/2):41-48.
- Saeed M. S. Alghalibi and Mohammad F. Al-Halali (2008): Microorganisms causing urinary tract infection among children in Sana’a city-Yemen. Faculty of Science Bulletin Sana’a Univ. 21 (Oct.): 11-21
- Saeed M. S. Alghalibi; Ahmed Al-Jaufy and Najla M. Baghza (2008): Microrganisms causing Otitis Media among Children in Sana’a city, Yemen Republic. Yemeni Journal of Biological Science 4(1):59-78.
- Alghalibi, Saeed M. and Al-Zubairy, M A. (2009): Detection of Extracellular Enzymes Produced by Fungi Isolated from Dried Fruits. Thamar University Journal of Science & Applied Sciences. 1(A):1-10.
- Shater, A. M. ; Alghalibi, Saeed M. and Al-Zubairy, M A. (2009): Mycoflora and total aflatoxin isolated from dry dates in Sanaa, Yemen. Thamar University Journal of Science & Applied Sciences. 1(A):11-20.
- Redhwan Ahmed Al-Naggar, Karim Al-Jashamy, Sami Abdo Radman Al-dubi, Zaleha Md Isa and Saeed Alghalibi (2010): Perceptions of Toxoplasmosis among female university students. Journal of Health Research. 24(2): 87-89.
- Redhwan Ahmed Al-Naggar, Karim Al-Jashamy & Saeed M. Alghalibi (2010): Khat (Catha edulis) as a risk factor of oral cancer. Journal of Management & Science. 8(1) June.
- Alghalibi S.M.S.; Humaid, A.A.; Alshaibani E.A.S. and Alhamazy E.H.I. (2011): Microorganisms associated with burn wound infection in Sanaa, Yemen. Egyptian Academic Journal of Biological Sciences. 3(1):19-25.
- Al-Maqtari, M.A.A.; Alghalibi, S.M. and Alhamzy, E.H. (2011): Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of essential oil of Thymus vulgaris from Yemen. Turkish Journal of Biochemistry. 36(4):342-349.
- Al-Mamary, M.; Abdelwahab, S.I.; Al-Ghalibi, Sayeed and Al-Ghasani, E. (2011): The antioxidant and tyrosinase inhibitory activities of some essential oils obtained from aromatic plants grown and used in Yemen. Scientific Research and Assays. 6(34):6840-6845.
- Abdulla Yahia Al-Muhadi; Saeed M. Alghalibi; Arwa A. Albana and Nesreen A. Al-Muklafay (2012): Isolation and identification of bioactive actinomycetes isolates from Yemen soils. Thamar University Journal of Natural & Applied Sciences. A(4):
- Mohammed G. Battah; Saeed M. Alghalibi and Maysoon A. Al-Zubairy (2012): Enzymes production by mycobiota and aflatoxins contents of dried dates and apricot in Yemen. Assiut University Journal of Botany, 41(2):85-102.
- Rihab R. Taha; Saeed M. Alghalibi and M.G. Saeed Saleh (2013): Salmonella in patients suffering from enteric fever and food poisoning in Thamar city, Yemen. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal (EMHJ), 19 (1): 88-93.
- Rihab R. Taha; Saeed M. Alghalibi and Yasmin N. Al-Ammari (2013): Incidence and distribution of Salmonella serogroups in some local food samples in Sana’a –Yemen. Faculty of Science Bulletin, Sana’a University. 25:95-106.
- Ali.Al.Maqtari, Ebtesam Hasan Alhamzy, Alghalibi Saeed M, Nasser A. Awadh Ali, and William N. Setzer (2014): Chemical composition and antioxidant activity of the essential oils from different aromatic plants grown in Yemen. Journal of Global Biosciences. 3(1): 390-398.
- Salwa H. Alkhyat; Maher Ali Al-Maqtari; Ebtesam Hasan Alhamzy; Alghalibi Saeed M. and Nasser A. Awadh Ali (2014): Antimicrobial Activity of Lavandulla pubescens essential oil from two places in Yemen. Journal of Advances in Biology. 4(3): 446-454.
- Khalid Mohammed Naji, Qais YusufM. Abdullah, Aida Qaseem M. AL-Zaqri and Saeed M. Alghalibi (2014): Evaluating the Biodeterioration Enzymatic Activities of Fungal Contamination Isolated from Some Ancient Yemeni Mummies Preserved in the National Museum. Biochemistry Research International. 1-9.
- Humaid, A. A.; Alghalibi, S. M. S. and Al-khalaqi, E. A. A. (2014): Isolation and Identification of Mycoflora Contaminated of Yemeni Coffee Beans. Egyptian Academic Journal of Biological Sciences. 6(2): 49 – 58.
- Ebtisam E. El-Moayad; Saeed M. Alghalibi; Hassan A. Al-Shamahy; Akram T. Nasher and Nezar N. Al-hebshi (2014): Normalized real-time PCR for diagnosis of H. pylori infection. Qater Medical Journal. ART 19: 1-7.
- Ali G. Al−Kaf, Saeed M. Alghalibi, Wadhah H. Edrees (2015): Microbial and physicochemical assays of Paracetamol in different brands of analgesic syrups sold in Sana’a City-Yemen. Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmacognosy Research, 3 (1): 6-12.
- Ali G. Al−Kaf, Saeed M. Alghalibi, Wadhah H. Edrees (2015): Evaluation of microbial and physic-chemical qualities of some cough syrups marketed in Sana’a City-Yemen. Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmacognosy Research, 3 (4): 92-99.
- Jamal Al-Shabi, Murad Alahdal, Mahmoud Ogaili, Qais Yusuf Abdullah, Saeed M. Alghalibi, Mohammed Amood AL-Kamarany and Aisha O. Jumaan (2016): Detection of Dengue Fever Virus Serotype – 4 by using One-Step Real-Time RT-PCR in Hodeidah, British Microbiology Research Journal, 4(6): xx.
- Mohammed A. Al-Hegami, Saeed M.S. Alghalibi and Abdullah Al-Mamari (2016): Microorganisms Responsible of Diabetic Foot Infection in Taiz City, Yemen. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. 5 (7): 431-441.
- Alghalibi Saeed MS; Abdullah QYM ; Al-Arnoot S and Al-Thobhani A (2016): Seroprevalence of Cytomegalovirus among Pregnant Women in Hodeidah city, Yemen. .J HumVirol Retroviro l3(5):00106. DO I:10.15406/jh v rv.2016.03.00106.
- Asma’a Al-Areqi, Saeed Alghalibi, Qais Abdullah, Tariq Abulkarim, Nahla Saeed, Mohammed Al-Kamarany (2017): Detection of Co-infection of Malaria and Dengue Fever in Hodiedah , Yemen. Proceeding of the first Scientific conference for medical labs, May 2017, 20-21 May Sana’a , Yemen.
- Nesrain Abdulkarem Al-Mekhlafi; Qais Yusuf Abdullah; Mohammed Farhan Al-Helali; Saeed Monasar Alghalibi (2019): Efficacy of Native Trichoderma spp. In Controlling Fusarium wilt of Tomato Plants in Green House, Yemen. Clinical Biotechnology and Microbiology. 4(1): 1-6.
- Al-Mekhlafi, N A., Abdullah Q. Y., Al-Helali, M. F., Alghalibi S. M. (2019): Antagonistic Potential of Native Trichoderma species Against Tomato Fungal Pathogens in Yemen. International Journal of Molecular Microbiology. 2(1):
- AbdelRahman A.H. Humaid, Saeed M.S. Alghalibi, Eshraq Ahmed Ali Al- Khalqi (2019): Aflatoxins and Ochratoxin A Content of Stored Yemeni Coffee Beans and Effect of Roasting on Mycotoxin Contamination. International Journal of Molecular Microbiology. 2(1): 11-21
- Abdulrahman Humaid, Saeed M Alghalibi, Anes Al-Mahbashi, Aml AL-Arossi, Wadhah Hassan Edrees (2019): The prevalence of vulvovaginal Candidiasis in pregnant women attending several hospitals in Sana’a, Yemen. Universal Journal of Pharmaceutical Research . 4(6): 60-64.
- Asma’a Al-Areeqi1, Saeed Alghalibi1, Qais Yusuf, Isra’a Al Masrafi1 and Mohammed Amood Al-Kamarany (2019): Epidemiological Characteristic of Malaria Coinfected with Dengue Fever in Hodeidah, Yemen. International Journal of TROPICAL DISEASE& Health. 40(3): 1-10
- Abdulrahman A Humaid, Saeed M. Alghalibi, Rihab R. Taha, Yasmin N. Al-Ammari, Wadhah Hassan Edrees (2020): Study of Effect Spices on Salmonella Contaminated food as Natural Antimicrobial Agents In Yemen’s Food. International Journal of Nutritional Science and Food Technology. 6(1): 43
- Najla Al-Sonboli , Saeed Alghalibi, Rawan Al-Sanabani (2020): Rotavirus Infection in Children Less than 5 Years of Age in Sana’a City- Yemen, Post-Vaccine Era. International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology. 5(2): 223-234.
- Saad Al-Arnoot, Saeed MS Alghalibi, Qais Yusuf M Abdullah and Assem Al-Thobhani (2020): Screening for Susceptibility to Cytomegalovirus Infection Among Pregnant Women in Yemen. Journal of Gynecology and Women’s Health. 18(3): 1-4.
- Arossi, A. A. H ; Alghalibi, S.M ; Al- Mahbash, A.A (2020): Vaginal Candidiasis among Women in Sana’a City, Yemen. International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, 5(5): 1898-1901.
- Nousiba L. Jaml1, and Saeed M. Al-Ghalibi (2020): BIOGAS PRODUCTION FROM COW DUNG AND ISOLATION OF METHANOGENIC AND NON- METHANOGENIC BACTERIA IN YEMEN. Electronic Journal of University of Aden for Basic and Applied Sciences. 1 (2):105-110.
- Abdul Rahman A.H.Humaid, Al-Ghalibi S.M., Abdel-Sater M.A. and Salahaddin R.H (2020): .Proteases and Lipases Activity of Fungi Isolated from Local Cheese, Republic of Yemen. Assuit University Bulletin for Environmental Researches. 23(1): 1-12.