Nesrain AbdulKarem Taher Al-Mekhlafi
Name: Nesrain AbdulKarem Taher Al-Mekhlafi
Date of Birth: 7/1/1982
Telephone (Mobile): +(967)770964805
I got the BSC (very good with honors) in Biology from Sana’a University in the year 2003-2004. I worked as an assistant faculty member in the Department of Biology since 2004-2005, obtained a master’s degree (specializing in microbiology) from the Faculty of Science, Sana’a University in 2008 and a PhD (specializing in microbiology) from the Faculty of Science, University of Sana’a 2019. I taught many practical and theory subjects.
- Bachelor Degree: Biology, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University, 2004.
- MSc: Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University, 2008.
- PhD: Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Sana’a University, 2019.
– Assistant teacher at Biology Department – Faculty of Science – Sana’a University (2004-2008).
– Lecturer (teacher) at Biology Department – Faculty of Science – Sana’a University (2008-2019).
– Assistant Professor at Biology Department – Faculty of Sciences – Sana’a University, 2019 to date.
Teaching years: 17 years (from 2004 – until now).
Theoretical subjects taught: general biology, microbial ecology microbial physiology, and microbiology.
Practical subjects taught: general biology, microbiology, microbial ecology, microbial physiology, microbial genetics, microbial contamination, immunology, actinomycetes, fungi and bacteria.
Conferences and Workshops:
Workshop on research errors for postgraduate students and Curricula description workshop.
Research and scientific papers:
- Al-Mahdi, A. Y.; Alghalibi, S. M.; Albana, A. A. and Al-Muklafay, N. A (2011): Isolation and identification of bioactive Actinomycete isolates from Yemen soils. Thamar University Journal of Nature and AppliedSciences, A(4): 113-123.
- Al-Mekhlafi, A.; Abdullah, Q. Y.; Al-Helali, M. F. and Alghalibi, S. M. (2019): Efficacy of native Trichoderma spp. in controlling Fusarium wilt of tomato plants in green house, Yemen. Clinical Biotechnology and Microbiology, 4(1): 1-6.
- Al-Mekhlafi, A.; Abdullah, Q. Y.; Al-Helali, M. F.and Alghalibi, S. M. (2019): Antagonistic potential of native Trichoderma species against tomato fungal pathogens in Yemen. International Journal of Molecular Microbiology, 2(1): 1-10.